Poll: What is your nationality?

Scarynerd

Jul 13, 2010
Fappy said:
Maybe you can answer me a question: What the fuck is the political message in A Serbian Film supposed to be? I honestly can't see it.

Note: If you have not heard of the film I am mentioning DO NOT LOOK IT UP. Just a fair warning, it's pretty fucked up.
I haven't seen the movie myself, but a few of my friends did. From what they have told me the movie is pretty gruesome but I didn't see that it has a political message. It has a message, again just based on what my friends told me, but fuck me if anyone can understand it.

I've wanted to see that movie for quite a while now, but can't be bothered to go see a movie that i probably won't like.

Captcha: big brother. Nice

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm from Kazakhstan, even though 75% of the year I spend in Calgary, Canada, due to university.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
Kuroneko97 said:
I live in a wonderful place called North Carolina, in the U.S. It's full of sunshine and lollipops, but not rainbows.
North Carolinians unite! *high five*

No social life

Oct 27, 2010
DarthSmiley said:
No social life said:
South Africa - land of the corrupt politicians
0.0 I'm not the only one!! I knew there had to be more :D
I'm also surprised.
This is one of those profound moments for me, similar to how first contact would be, I now know for certain.

I am not alone.

[sub] but we are a endangered species. [/sub]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Scarynerd said:
Fappy said:
Maybe you can answer me a question: What the fuck is the political message in A Serbian Film supposed to be? I honestly can't see it.

Note: If you have not heard of the film I am mentioning DO NOT LOOK IT UP. Just a fair warning, it's pretty fucked up.
I haven't seen the movie myself, but a few of my friends did. From what they have told me the movie is pretty gruesome but I didn't see that it has a political message. It has a message, again just based on what my friends told me, but fuck me if anyone can understand it.

I've wanted to see that movie for quite a while now, but can't be bothered to go see a movie that i probably won't like.

Captcha: big brother. Nice
If you can appreciate "fucked up" the film can be kind of fun. But it definitely is not for everyone.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Asian.

Pakistani.

The only one here[footnote]The only active of course. There are like... 5 more? Not active at all. :D so, assume it's only me. o.o[/footnote].

Spooky man.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
American, in the Midwest to be specific. Not gonna lie, kinda sucks here. Don't know if it's because of where I live or if it's just the general Midwestern bible belt-ish vibe that rubs me the wrong way. My guess would be the latter.

Not to say I dislike all parts of the country. I'd say there are more cool places to live than there are bad, and parts I don't like I'm sure others would. That's the cool thing about America. Despite being one nation, there are so many different people and environments that are drastically different from one another.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
TopazFusion said:
YAY!!

There's an option for New Zealand!

[sub]For some reason NZ is always left out in these threads, and we have to vote "other" or, heaven forbid, "Australia".[/sub]

Anyway, yes, New Zealand. Live here, was born here.
Hey we don't want you calling yourselves Australian's anymore than you do.

OT I'm from South Australia. Yes we have very creative names for our states here, this one is almost as creative as Western Australia or the Northern Territory.

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
TopazFusion said:
YAY!!

[sub]For some reason NZ is always left out in these threads, and we have to vote "other" or, heaven forbid, "Australia".[/sub]

Is there a difference between Australia and New Zealand?

Oh yeah. I'm Swedish. Parents are Italian and South American of some sort.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Scottish - ya know, Scotland, that uninteresting, un-diverse hate-filled country that keeps mooching off of England? And then complains about it?

Though my ancestry is mostly English and German, so yah me.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I am a French frog.
Please don't mock me because of my country... I know our reputation of being arrogant pricks...

Luchy

Mar 17, 2012
Vicarious Reality said:
I wonder if i win the ''who lives furthest north'' challenge, Haukotus might just edge me out

I live in Sangis, Sweden, near Kalix right above the baltic sea

Coordinates: 65°51′N 23°30′E

It is 12 C degrees outside right now
If i'm not mistaken, I think I beat you there. I'm from Tromsø, Norway.

Coordinates: 69°40′33″N 18°55′10″E

Here you can find the world's most northerly university and also houses the most northerly brewery, botanical garden and planetarium. In the winter we have the Northern Lights and in the summer we also have the Midnight Sun.

Tadd

Jan 22, 2010
Keoul said:
I picked Australia due to being born here, but I think there should be a Chinese option up there as well.
Chinese people (hailing and viewing from China) are not allowed to sign-up accounts on the Escapist. The reason being, I was told, is that in the past a few Chinese accounts were made to spam advertisements and whatnot. I find that a particularly terrible move on behalf of this website; whatwith restricting the country with the most internet users in the world. Also, a deep sense of irony...

America: "China needs to open their eyes, their government needs to make internet access more freely available" *American website blocks Chinese from accessing*

Anyhow, I'm British... always makes me smile when people start talking about being 2/5 this 1/5 that, 1/5 this and another 1/5 that. We are all so special.

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
I've put UK, cos that's where I live and what I really am; but I've got an Australian passport and potencially have a dutch one as well (but I'd have to drop one of the other two, and I don't need it)

DarthSmiley

Feb 16, 2011
No social life said:
I'm also surprised.
This is one of those profound moments for me, similar to how first contact would be, I now know for certain.

I am not alone.

[sub] but we are a endangered species. [/sub]
Yes, we are indeed!

Pleased to make your acquaintance by the way :)

And just curious.. How bad must your social life be to make it to your name?

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
TopazFusion said:
YAY!!

o.o

She looks rather excited.

OT: My avatar sums up the basics of my life nicely.