Poll: What kind of Class are you in Roleplaying games?

DaDrum

May 9, 2010
i kinda like the general warrior class, but i prefer to use smaller weapons to avoid being forced to have super slow attacks

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
I choose whatever allows me to, in my opinion, exploit the system most. This basically means the one who can sustain, avoid, or recover the most damage in a battle.

Damage-dealing is convenient, but ultimately not nearly as important.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Fighter/Warrior, and Soldier if we are talking Mass Effect. I just prefer to way in as something heavily armed, rather that pointing sticks at things.

OmniDesol

The Ultimate Omnimancer
Dec 28, 2009
I basically like Omni-classes. Something where I will be able to excellently fulfill as many roles as possible. In Alpha Omega, this usually just means Arcane wielder with a few ranks in every field, by the end game, because barriers are just super-OP and so is the damage possible to do.

Just to give a perspective on that:
Max HP, using the core rules= 210.
Max damage when doing direct damage= 6d20x25.
Max HP a barrier can give= 80,000.

Being able to have an 80,000 damage barrier, and be able to do an average of 2000 damage to an enemy that, without cheating, can only have 210 HP? Priceless.

My GM ended up having to give enemies armor that resisted my damage to the square root of whatever I did, so they would stay alive.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Mage typically. I don't like exclusive close quarters combat.

I always pick a class with good magic stats.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Primarially Dark knight archtype, specifically with proficiency in two hand axes

If it has a means to cripple with magic and sling an axe, im golden.

Wildcard5

Jun 27, 2010
Rogue. There are few problems high agility, charisma, and intelligence can not solve. Those that can not be solved by those three things can usually be solved by liberal application of a dagger or short sword anyways.

Airthey

Jul 14, 2009
I tend to go for more melee classes. I've been playing a few different games this summer, and i'm a cleric in warhammer 40k, and a monk and a samurai in D&D
Yeah, we're multiclassing different games :p

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I usually stay away from Rogues and Assassins and the like, but the weak-as-a-kitten magical hurricanes I usually like to play as get too slow for my taste. I like to be able to run everywhere in online games. Anything that combines those two powers is golden to me, like a spellcasting rogue. Alternately, if there's a spellcasting class that has equal parts black and white magic I could go for that, or a pure healer once or twice. Never am I much for high physical attack or defense.

In D&D, I've tried different kinds, it's just whatever I think would make a cool character rather than representing me. I've had a middle-aged bard, a badass monk and a huge orc leader.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Kingsman said:
I choose whatever allows me to, in my opinion, exploit the system most. This basically means the one who can sustain, avoid, or recover the most damage in a battle.
Ah Min/maxing

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
I range depending on the game. More story based ones I play support casters, such as low level magic users or something else that won't steal the spotlight but can be useful in a range of situations. A more combat oriented one I would got for some tactician class, such as an assassin monk in D&D 3rd, that cold handle a fair amount on his own.

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
I always enjoy nimble fighters, like Bards and Swashbucklers. Plus I enjoy playing the loveable rogue characters so it fits in nicely.