Poll: What makes you rage quit?

FPSMadPaul

Master Of The Smurfs
Sep 27, 2010
So what is it that gets on your nerves more than anything else?
For me it would have to be a selfish team ("No teamwork" option).
Is there something I've missed?

Head Chef Dom

Nov 8, 2010
Definitely coming up against a team that's just leagues ahead of me. There's only so much respawning and failing to kill anything I can take before deciding that I'm not having a very fun time.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
If a teams way ahead of me, I keep fighting and trying. If they're sniping me at spawn from across the map, that's another story.

Mostly, it's little assholes cussing and screaming and being morons. It's one of the reasons I don't do multiplayer too much.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Ponies? Cheez-its Christ, if anyone is butthurt enough to quit because of ponies, you're better off avoiding all multiplayer games. I mainly quit over bad teamwork. 6 snipers on Hightower? 5 spies on Dustbowl? One time, there were 8 Pyros on Thunder Mountain. Gotta love the uber update.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
When Zombies do that "Windmill" Hitting and take you down even though you have Everyperk and No damage.

In regular Mulitplayer - never "Rage" Quit. I had a few moments where I said "Screw you guys, I'm going back to the lobby" But never rage. If I see Toobing, I snipe. If someone Camps I CounterCamp, If they countercamp, I Grenade Spam. There is always something effective you can do to level the playing field shooter games but there is nothing wrong with leaveing a game your not enjoying.

REALLY OT - Ok... I understand Ponies is the new IN thing, but was there really a point to ask "Poines?" I mean I'm not angry or rageing about it; I just don't understand the point of adding that option in . I mean I like Furries but you don't see me thrusting Furryism (My word) at every turn.

But I digress and smile ^____^

English Stew

Apr 23, 2011
Getting owned, but only when the other team has an obvious advantage other than skill, such as more players.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Unfair deaths. If I could do absolutly nothing to prevent what happened, even in advance. That really ticks me of. I'm talking about singleplayer content here though, I never play online.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I rarely ragequit but I have been driven to just walk away from the game while it is in session more than once. This is generally the result of being stuck in a situation where I feel as though I have no reasonable chance to succeed. People being ass hats, at least when this is expressed verbally, has never bothered me; I'm generally amused by the effort.

As far as why I walk away rather than ragequit, first it seems more polite and second it preserves the various inanimate objects in my immediate proximity when I play a game.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Meatramen said:
Nothing can make me ragequit... I never "rage up" in the first case since I am playing a game and want to have fun. Raging is not fun since well... It is rage... Rage and fun does not go together.
That's exactly why rage quitters quit. Why keep playing when you have no fun?

For me I stop when people hurl abuse. I just don't want to play with these people or contribute to their fun.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
I don't "rage quit" because I'm a calm and easy going person. I will however quit if I'm not having fun anymore like many above said. Although I don't play fps games online, the only multiplayer game I play is assassin's creed brotherhood multiplayer which is way better than any fps imho. ACB multiplayer is great but it still has it's moments of becoming not fun anymore. Such as when you're playing manhunt and you're playing against a team of 4 level 50's who know what they're doing while I'm the only 50 in my team that knows what I'm doing but there's only so much I can do since my 3 team mates are running around like morons and getting killed too often and not helping me at all so I'm left alone to get owned. Also when there's only you and one other person against 4 people and you're at a severe disadvantage; that's not very fun (especially if said team of 4 are all level 50's who are skilled).

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
A couple of things, depending on games.

TF2/COD: No Teamwork, and "the 12 year old Meta-****s doing what they do best at full volume in my ear"

Runescape: Noobs who think they're hot shit because they're killing people with hideously overpowered Ice spells.

Terraria: Griefers.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
People with no concept of sportsmanship- dont shout insults over chat, dont flame your own team, dont accuse others of cheating for not sharing your scrub like mentality.
In SC2 this extends to cheesing, not glhf'ing or gg'ing and not surrendering when your quite blatantly beaten.

ManaCrazed

Mar 17, 2011
solo que in LoL... christ it's like playing russian roulette with all the chambers loaded, but on the off chance the chamber jams and you get a really good team 9 times outta 10 the other team will give up and surrender THUS ruinning your fun!

lion el jhonson

Jul 2, 2011
well I do hate when I find a 9 year old on COD or GTA but the real persons blame are the parents of these little shit shouters for geting them the games in the first place

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
No teamwork.

Also, if I get trolled by the game-mechanics fucking me over. Now that makes my blood boil.

Civ V for instance, really got me mad once, so I ragequit the game and then rage-uninstalled it.