Poll: What music do YOU listen to

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'll also listen to almost anything that I like listening to. The genres that I tend to listen to the most are rock, alternative, rap, and R&B.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
All kinds of music, actually. Rock, alternative, pop, J-rock, J-Pop, metal, Celtic, reggae...

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
A better illustration of the kind of things I like would probably be my 10 favourite albums;

(in no particular order);

1. The Surveilance Lounge - Nurse With Wound
2. My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts - Brian Eno And David Byrne
3. Black 1 - Sunn O)))
4. Burning Off Impurities - Grails
5. Given To The Rising - Neurosis
6. Black Masses - Electric Wizzard
7. Soon Over Babaluma - Can
8. First Utterance - Comus
9. A - Pan Sonic
10. Streetcleaner - Godflesh

Sep 14, 2009
everything besides country/jazz basically.

most of the time i don't even label most of my music genre's, if i like it i like it, if i don't then i don't.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
If you were to look at me, you'd think I was a complete Punk or Metalhead, and while I am partial to both those genres, the vast majority of music I listen to is soundtracks and scores from films and games, especially games.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Most of the music I enjoy fall under the genre of heavy metal. The sub-genres of metal I mostly listen to are death metal, pagan black metal and epic doom, or at least those are my favourites. Non-metal stuff I listen to tend to be few and far between, they mostly consist of soundtracks, a few old school 80's/90's rap/hip-hop artists and some folk-based music.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
CmRet said:
I listen to all kinds of music. Except country. I can never really like country. Metal and rock are my two major ones but I love an artist named Celldweller and his work so I listen to Electronic a lot through Celldweller and I also like techno and techno remixes of songs. So I'm all over the place.
Celldweller? That the guy who has quite a few songs on the Dead Rising games? Kill The Sound, Switchback and the like? If so, the songs that I've heard from him are quite good. (At least I think it was Celldweller. Cell-something or something-Cell was definitely a big part of the music used)

Back to the question and my music would probably cover a wide variety of genres but the ones I'll have the most songs off of are Rock, Blues, Video Game soundtracks and Hip-hop/Rap

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
I listen to a ton of stuff, Punk, dubstep/electro, new rock, pop and rap.
...also several underground indie bands you've probably never heard of... ;D

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
I mostly depends on my mood. I listen to country because it is the story of my life and how I want life to be. I listen to Rock when I feel in a fighting mood. I usually blare some heavy rock when I am playing a war game, and what do ya know. Accuracy in shooters raises +20%, stratagys become for effective in RTS's, and so one. I swear, some times, it seems like I am moving in slow-mo and dominating every in said slow-mo (until I die). So I will listen to almost anything...Except Rap and Hip-hop. If Country is how I want my life to be, Rap and Hip-hop is what I hope my life never becomes.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Classic rock, some jazz, some blues.

But mostly soundtracks. I find that having an emotional attachment to the song makes it infinitely better, most music never brings me into it and makes me feel what It does. Most songs that are supposed to do that are about love and, well, songs about love tend to have nothing in common with me and tend to make me call the person I'm supposed to sympathise with a complete dumbass and/or asshole.

monadicYawn

Jun 22, 2012
Trip-Hop always seems to get me but I could say the same for chillwave, classical, etc...
The best way I can describe what I listen to is by linking my last.fm account. But I need to keep my music nice and underground. Can't have other people hearing it now, can I?

Promethax

Dec 7, 2010
The OP cares to put techno and dubstep in different categories, but completely leaves out metal?

Really, man?