Poll: What percentage of your games run through Steam?

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
AwesomeNinjaPowers said:
None because Stream is evil

Care to elaborate on that? How does a program like Steam, that allows you to purchase games for dirt cheap, as well as cross-communicate with your friends, classify as "evil"? You must have some reason.

OT: I'd say oh...80% of my games are run through Steam, of the PC games I own. I generally enjoy the program, as well as the whole system they've got running there. I love me my discounts and sales on games!

AwesomeNinjaPowers

May 31, 2009
Z of the Na said:
AwesomeNinjaPowers said:

Care to elaborate on that? How does a program like Steam, that allows you to purchase games for dirt cheap, as well as cross-communicate with your friends, classify as "evil"? You must have some reason.

OT: I'd say oh...80% of my games are run through Steam, of the PC games I own. I generally enjoy the program, as well as the whole system they've got running there. I love me my discounts and sales on games!
Because when I tried to use Stream it broke constantly and I could never actually play any of the games. That's why it's evil

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
I don't have very many PC games. (I have a laptop, and therefore don't run very many games on it) However, the majority of games I do play on it (Morrowind, Team Fortress 2) are run on steam.

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
All of them. Even if I didn't buy it through Steam, I add them to Steam just for the overlay functionality.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I buy a lot of games on steam these days, but there are still a few I don't, and I have a decent libary of old games on disk that I pop in from time to time. So I'd say about half.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
TestECull said:
100% every single one of them, whether they're tied to it or not. The overlay is so handy that I'd dare not go without it in a game.
CannibalCorpses said:
Project_Xii said:
100%. I only buy my PC games through steam now. 600+ at the moment. There's really not much point buying retail when Steam beats their prices so severely.
Do you add the resale value to the cost when you purchase because you can't sell it on later? 40 quid for a game seems expensive but when you take 20 quid off for trade-in its not bad at all...saying that though PC games aren't worth shit for trade-in so ill shut up lol
That would be a point if all of us sold games after we're done. I don't, for example, so resale value doesn't mean shit to me.
I never used to but then i thought, i've got literally thousands of pounds worth of games here and i will never play them again. My PC games weren't worth shit though so i gave most of them away to friends. Trading games is more a console thing

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I have all the .exe files imported to the Steam client, if that's what you mean. In that case, 100%.

Sep 14, 2009
basically 95%, and the other 4% goes to GOG, and then that measily 1% is kotor 2, which if could i would rebuy it through steam in a heartbeat.

with steams sales it beats the piss out of anything retail 90% of the time, so there is absolutely zero point in buying retail besides the "new game" smell, not to mention how user friendly the interface is for jumping into games with friends and chatting with them cross game whenever i please.

around 90 games on steam, a good 6 or so on GOG, and a couple on hard disk (DA2 and Kotor2)

Sep 14, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
Steam also being the most expensive place to buy games also helps with that.

are you kidding? i don't mind if someone doesn't like using steam, but when you come up WITH THAT for a reason?

steam has saved me hundreds of dollars over the past few years, considering every game i buy on there was on sale cheaper than it was retail (besides dues ex, which i still got 10% cheaper than most, nearly every game i have gotten has been at least 50-66% off every single time)

where you get that fact is beyond me, if you really feel hard pressed about it please use links to back that up because if i ever saw bullshit today, it would be that.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
AwesomeNinjaPowers said:
Z of the Na said:
AwesomeNinjaPowers said:

Because when I tried to use Stream it broke constantly and I could never actually play any of the games. That's why it's evil
So because it doesn't work for you it's awful and evil......righhhttttttt smooth logic there!

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
erm i went with 66-99

i have minecraft and Crysis 2 that are not on my Steam account

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Probably 70% of my games are Steam games. All the others are console games. I got no PC games without Steam, though I did play a trial of The Witcher with OnLive. If my computer wasn't really good I would use that.

Sep 14, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
gmaverick019 said:
Satsuki666 said:
Steam also being the most expensive place to buy games also helps with that.

are you kidding? i don't mind if someone doesn't like using steam, but when you come up WITH THAT for a reason?
Really now? I thought it was pretty common knowledge that if a steam game wasnt on sale then it was more expensive then anywhere else. If you dont want to wait a year and half for steam to put a game on sale then steam is crap. For the majority of games I dont really care if I buy it on a console or PC which also makes steam an even worse option.
funny, i just mentioned deus ex which i got 10% off right when it came out..

a year and a half? that is the biggest over exaggeration, 90% of my games if i don't get them when they come out, i usually get within the first month or two for 30 bucks tops, and for even less on the major sales they have (got metro 2033 for 5 bucks, got civ V for 15, got fable 3 when it came out for 20 bucks, got mass effect 2 for 25 bucks and DA+awakening for 30 bucks)

i'll take steam sales any day of the week rather than waiting for retail to drop in price, which it drops even slower than steam does if you want to ***** about the rate that it drops in price. (go check any local game store/store that sells games and check the prices versus what steam has had them at in the past months, its either the same or slower, guaranteed)

for your last point, an even worse option? i don't know how it could get worse based on the fact that you buy it for console or PC