Poll: What race do you plan to play as in Skyrim?

YourEvilClone

Mar 29, 2011
Just as the title says. What race do you plan to play as in Skyrim and why? For me, it'll be Breton because I plan to have a battlemage character and Bretons are really experienced as mages.

Hop-along Nussbaum

Mar 18, 2011
Since I play through numerous times, I play as many as I can (probably just like everyone else), but I usually start off with a Dark Elf Thief/Assassin hybrid custom.

Then a Breton battlemage, High elf true mage (which is HARD), and a Wood elf marksman. Khajit is a great one to play, but I can't get my head around having a tail.

AppleShrapnel

Jan 2, 2010
Khajiit. :3

I'm a lifelong cat person, so there's no real contest. :p

This choice is purely aesthetic; I'll pretty much ignore their inherent weaknesses and strengths and do a little of everything, skill wise.

I'll largely focus on melee (w/greataxe) and heavy armour, security to deal with any pesky locked doors/containers in dungeons, and a smattering of alteration and conjuring magicks like summons, bound bow and detect life... might end up developing sneak a little, since they start with a nice boost to it, but probably not since great-weapons are exempt from sneak attack bonuses. :/

Hop-along Nussbaum said:
... but I can't get my head around having a tail.
I pity you. :|

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
I always play a Dunmer (Dark Elf), so I want to try something different. I'll probably go with a Nord, because I want to be a DPS, Paladin type character (One-Handed Weapon mainhand, with healing offhand).

I'll have to wait until launch though to REALLY know.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
You're missing a few races. What about Bretons or Redguards or High Elves?

But I think as for me, I'll be an Argonian or an Imperial, or maybe a High Elf. Whatever seems most fun.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Not sure yet.

May go with Nord to start with depending or I might jump right in and make one of my own.

Depends how long it takes them to release the Creation Kit.

Lets go with Nord, doubt i'll be able to put off playing.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Depending on how annoying the increased magic damage taken is, high elf battle mage, or Wood elf battle mage. That, or a Khajiit assassin. Hopefully I can live with the tail. Otherwise, a Wood Elf/Breton rogue.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
King of the Sandbox said:

I'm making this guy. Then I'm punching dragons to death. So, yeah, Nord.
You, sir, win the Internets today! Congratulations on your epic idea, and good luck punching dragons to death!

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
I think, for a first run, I'll be a Nord. Keep it simple and whatnot. Although, I did really like the Khajiit... No, take that back. Now I remember, those were the ones that were fun to kill not play as. :p

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Oddly enough, the racial bonuses for imperials make them a great choice for battlemages. As for my starter, I was originally going to be a khajiit assassin but now I'm going to do a dark elf battlemage.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
AnarchistAbe said:

You, sir, win the Internets today! Congratulations on your epic idea, and good luck punching dragons to death!
Wish luck to the dragons. They need it more.

;)

Jack O'Shea

Jul 17, 2011
i'm going to pick a Khajiit first time as i think a stealthy character is more fun the first playthrough because you can go places other classes can't. also i like their tails

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
AnarchistAbe said:

Wish luck to the dragons. They need it more.

;)
Damn you guys!! I wanted to be Argonian, with a Bow and a lot of Sneak, but now I am torn! I may leave Techno Viking to the 2nd play through!! God damn it! I'm more excitied about the game than ever now! Roll on next feb when I can play it!!

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
LOP EARS ELF.

HA HA HA HA.

(Please tell me this isn't a bannable post. I'm always seeing users get banned for posts like these)

Kemea

Sep 25, 2009
Nord...No doubt about it. A snowy land in the north? Sounds viking enough to me! A big bulky long haired dude with a beard and then go bezerker style! I'll leave the ninja playthrough for later :p