Poll: What should be "Unleashed" next?

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Well apparently "Unleashed" is the new subtitle/excuse to give the player ridiculous super powers (which isn't to say that "Star Wars: TFU" wasn't fun, but it was ridiculous.) to be used for everything. We've already had "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" and now "Sonic: Unleashed" is being made. So I was wondering, what franchise you think they will "unleash" next? Because I didn't know those franchises were on a leash but apparently they were. So whats next?

Darth Marsden

Sep 12, 2008
Out of the choices you gave, Ratchet & Clank seems the one that would work best, though that's mostly because most R&C games have a subtitle and Unleashed works as well as any other.

Can't think of any other titles I want unleashed, but if something pops in, I'll let you know.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Okay a clarification then. The "Unleashed" would be in reference to the aforementioned ridiculous but probably very entertaining new abilities or gameplay, not on what the subtitle would sound the best with. Or was that not what you meant?

Guess I should have said that at the beginning, sorry.

crowTrobot

Oct 19, 2008
I'm for Megaman being unleashed. Maybe then he could fire the gun vertically or not stagger backwards 20 feet like a drunk every time he's hit.

Rankao

Mar 10, 2008
crowTrobot said:
I'm for Megaman being unleashed. Maybe then he could fire the gun vertically or not stagger backwards 20 feet like a drunk every time he's hit.
That would be cool

AntiAntagonist

Neither good or bad
Apr 17, 2008
Hehe. Yeah I can't find it now either.

Similar stuff, but different games (mostly action IIRC).

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I'm surprised no one has made a pants joke yet. You know what, it's Monday and I have nothing to look forward to this week except a night of binge drinking Tuesday followed by an intense desire to never talk about politics ever again.

My vote goes for Big Willy: Unleashed!

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Oh yah, I forgot about "Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed!"

Of course a lot of things about that game I want to forget about. Too bad the zombie gun wont show up in DAH3, that was one of the few things I liked about DAH21/2.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
With all due respect...How would someone pull off Halo: Unleashed?...Not only would that sound bad but how 'unleashed' can you make a FPS game?

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
I'm not really sure how it would work. I was just putting it in there as an option and if someone thought of a way good for them.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Megaman unleashed sounds like fun as it'd probably be 1st or 3rd person... wait no that'd fail spectacularly wouldnt it ¬_¬

Ratchet and Clank unleashed?!! *points to RYNO* HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU WANT!?!

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Avida said:
Megaman unleashed sounds like fun as it'd probably be 1st or 3rd person... wait no that'd fail spectaculerly wouldnt it ¬_¬

Megaman could work in third person, "Megaman Legends" would probably be better implemented today.

And each "Rachet and Clank" game had a bigger version of the RYNO, so it would be the next version, only more so.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The wrath and hatred of gamers the world encompassing. Their wrath shall be unleashed unto Geogre Lucas' soul!!! (evil cackle)...

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
ManiacRaccoon said:
Avida said:
Megaman unleashed sounds like fun as it'd probably be 1st or 3rd person... wait no that'd fail spectaculerly wouldnt it ¬_¬

Megaman could work in third person, "Megaman Legends" would probably be better implemented today.

And each "Rachet and Clank" game had a bigger version of the RYNO, so it would be the next version, only more so.
2D -> 3D conversions hardly ever work, but hey, prince of persia managed it so why not

And the RYNO 2 was still the best IMO. The latest one, while awesome, still didnt really live up to the potential that concept had.