Poll: What type of Apocalypse do you want?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Here are some games and movies which are used as an example of a certain type of Apocalypse:

Type 1 Zombies: Dead Rising, Nazi Zombies, RDR Undead Nightmare
Type 2 Zombies: Left 4 Dead, 28 Days Later
Nuclear Fallout: Fallout
Natural Disasters: The Day After Tomorrow, 2012
Feral Alien Invasion: No examples (Usually insect-like aliens, the Zerg from Starcraft)
Advanced Alien Invasion: Halo, Mass Effect 3, War of the Worlds
Giant Monster destroying everything: Godzilla, Cloverfield

In my opinion, I would like a Type 2 Zombie Apocalypse because it is the one that is most likely for me to survive in and well, zombies are always fun to kill.

If an Apocalypse where to happen on let's say... December 2012, what would you want it to be?

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
+1 for slow zombies!!!
Mainly because I know that I can't outrun the fast ones...

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Nuclear Apocalypse.

After all the Fallout I've played, I think I can handle this. Just point and shoot at anyone trying to take your shit, right?

benoitowns

Oct 18, 2009
If I had to choose between some sort of apocalypse, slow zombies would be the most fun.
Just imagine the possibilities!!

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
I don't want any apocalypse.

I'm putting my money in for the singularity, after which point there may not necessarily have to be an apocalypse, or even if there is it may not affect us that much.

Tipatap

Aug 7, 2011
Zombie Type 1.
Why? Because the Nuclear option would leave me probably dead. *frown* Would have to be a ghoul to last the two-hundred odd years until the fun could actually begin.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
The apocalypse where all humans on the planet suddenly die of extreme euphoria only leaving those in space to wonder what the hell happened.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
I actually have contingency plans for all of these things, which includes a notebook full of methods to make medications, homemade explosives, and various electronics from scavenged materials. I have wilderness survival gear, medkits, sewing kits, and a crossbow (these things are actually pertinent to my normal life as well). The only thing left to do is determine what the most worthwhile items to use as currency after the fall of civilization are.

...... I don't actually know where I get all the free time to daydream about these things.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
The rapture. Any Christian who goes to church at least once a month, anyone who truly believes in no sex before marriage, anyone really gung-ho about prosecuting people for drug use, hardcore conservatives of various stripes and the entire Republican party all get the hell out of my universe.

That sounds like the most badass apocalypse possible and absolutely grounds for the best party the world has ever seen where you don't even have to strategically not invite everyone who sucks. Because they don't live here anymore! And they get to have their own party in heaven, so everybody wins!

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
I guess zombies type 1 is the correct answer. I think there would have to be a little mixing there. Just zombies are no fun. I think nuclear fallout + feral aliens would be awesome. Things would get all Middle Earth down here.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I'd happily take all of them, even at the same time. Alternatively Day of The Triffids would be pretty cool, nice and easy to survive in that sort of environment.

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
The best apocalypse, for me, would be humanity being sucked into the virtual world and living out their fantasies. The down side? Open-virtual world PVP.

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
type 1, I know then that there shall be no hunters or tanks and screw shotguns pickup truck front bumper works just fine.

Anthan

Apr 3, 2010
Big monster. It's a miracle that those sort of things even cause apocalypses. All while playing inFamous 2 I was watching the news clips posted throughout it and thinking, WhyTF hasn't any city in the path of the big monster destroying everything been evacuated?

The only way it could cause pause for thought would be if it left something which prevented re-moving into where it had been. Maybe radiation or something. And even then the human race can always live on boats out to sea where it can't get you.

Even the slow type of zombies would eventually be so numerous that there would be no-where to leave to so would pose more of a threat.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Flood basalt. An area the size of France gets covered in exceptionally hot and fluid lava, while sulfur dioxide gas creates a volcanic winter and starves those it doesn't poison to death. Project Fuck The World brought to life!