Poll: What would you rate District 9?

EndOfDaWorld

Feb 14, 2009
If you have not seen District 9, please leave this page unless you are don't care about parts of the movie being spoiled. This is the official spoiler warning for this topic.

I just came home from seeing District 9, and might I say, I was blown away. Well except for the slow moving first act that is.
What did you (the reader) think of it?
And how would you (the reader) rate it on a scale of 1 - 5?

I would have done 1-10, but there were only eight options for the polls....

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Every part of the movie was fantastic.
The beginning, the middle, and the end.

A great story, great characters, a villain you love to hate, a main character you sympathize with, a cause worth fighting for...It was great. I'm very glad I saw it in theaters, and I'll be absolutely buying the DVD when it comes out.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but ultimately it's not my type of movie. I thought it felt pretty slow for a good chunk of the movie, although I thought the beginning and the ending were both great. I liked the movie, I'm glad I saw it, but its not something I'll be buying or going to see again.

crimsonyte

Aug 12, 2009
It was a good movie, not really as great as people make it to be. I know its suppose to be fake, but c'mon alien spaceship in a 3rd world country and nobody is aftering it? The way I see it, it's actually something worth going to war for. There's tech for the war hungry, a new language for the linguist, potential new medicine and a shitload of new science. And seriously, what is up with the autopsy room? Are we still hacking away at shit to see what's inside?

There's just a lot of real world inconsistencies. It didn't help them when they said the setting is 20 years later after landing. 20 years is a long ass time. If you subtract 20 years from 2009 and think about the tech that was brought forth, its pretty quite amazing.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I thought it was meh. I found it had shocking images yes, but it was all very predictable. Although I will say it was one of the better movies this summer so I give it a 3/5.

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
Honestly I was not as impressed as I was expecting. It was a much better alien movie than I have seen in a while, but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) it was almost TOO realistic. I had a hard time watching some of it simply because it grossed me out (and that is pretty damn hard to do). Also the main charactor was horrible, I know he is redeemed at the end, but I still really didn't like him at all, which also made the movie hard for me to enjoy
Otherwise I thought the story was fantastic! I will recommend it to people just for the story, although this will not be one I'll buy!

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Totally epic. The main character (Mikus) is OK at best, but he has good motivation. Most of the dialogue in the realtime documentary scenes were actually improvised, and it worked really well.

I think the ending felt a bit rushed (and that one time the alien actually says "Fuck!", I found chuckleworthy), but other than that great movie. 5/5

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
only thing I felt they needed to expand on was the alien weaponry. I felt too often they went for the hilarious 'poof' human explosion effect. Mind you, the mech suit was bad ass.

4/5

RRilef

Dangerfield Newby
Jan 5, 2009
IT was good, very good, very very good. I loved the main character, because he was real, there were points where you could hate him. 9/10

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
I thought District 9 was a collosal win.

The beginning was a little slow for some, but I thought the setting and story were interesting enough to make it bearable. However if you still hated it after people were being turned into meat showers every 4 seconds I can only tell you that not only does your opinion suck, but you have some form of brain damage and need help.