Poll: What's that book you're reading?

WheresMyCow

Oct 2, 2008
I'm currently reading the Harry Dresden series written by Jim Butcher. It's actually quite good.

doctorwhofan

Mar 20, 2009
RAWKSTAR said:
Reading Terry Prachet - NightWatch.
Tis winner.
I could never get into Terry Pratchett. I tried, along with Piers Anthony. I love Hitchikers so I though I would like this. No go.

konkwastaken

Jan 16, 2009
back on track, diary of a street kid...really simple reading...doing it for school work, outside of school i don't really choose to read books.

fnph

Oct 13, 2007
I just finished The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchet last night. I'm going to get started on Maskerade later today.

Sane Man

Feb 24, 2009
I am on the System of the World by Neal Stephenson, it's the third in a trilogy entitled the "Baroque Cycle". Although he did say never to call it a trilogy, I hope he doesn't see this.

It's basically historical science fiction. He usues actual people (Newton, Hooke, Lebniz, Louis XIV, William of Orange, James Stuart, Queen Anne, etc) combined with people of his own creation that interact with them.

It tells a great story as well as describes the nature of money, and kind of shows in her own belief why the most likely smartest man in the world decided to run the Mint.

It also has government spys, the Solomonic Gold, Alchemy, the prototype computer, as well as swashbuckling adventures, financial schemes, and pitched battles across Europe as well as criminal dealings on a large scale.

Oh and also reading The Master and Margarita. It's about the Devil going to Communist Russia during 1929 and what he does to those who don't believe in God.

Socdk

Nov 12, 2008
Curious George Goes Shopping!

No really I'm reading a book called Vangede Billeder ("Vangede" is a city/area and "Billeder" = Images/pictures), by a danish poet. It's quite bad.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
fnph said:
I just finished The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchet last night. I'm going to get started on Maskerade later today.
Reading The Fifth Elephant as we speak ;-) Starting with the Death series afterwards so I'm prepared for The Night Watch.

Feb 18, 2009
S.H.A.R.P. said:
I was reading "The Name of the Rose" by Umberto Eco. Really interesting book, with a good entertaining value, as well as many deeper layers if you (know where to) look for it.
If there´s a book I return to again and again, it´s this. Simply fantastic. I like other books by Eco, as well. Right now, I´m just about to finish Pirandello´s Six Characters in Search of an Author.

GrimRox

Feb 22, 2008
McClaud said:
I'm presently re-reading Good Omens by Terry Pratchett.

If you've never read any Discworld or Terry Pratchett, then you need to. ASAP.

Pronto, chop chop! No dilly-dallying.
QFT, Just finished Light Fantastic by Mr Pratchett and am now reading The Living Dead, a collection of short stories about zombies.

li-ion

Dec 19, 2008
Last book I read was »The Angel's Game« by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. Really good book. Next one will be »Angela's Ashes« by Frank McCourt.

shazmaru

Mar 20, 2009
Illuminatus trilogy is fantastic.

Im currently rereading 'A Game of Thrones' by George RR Marin.

MontyGommo

Oct 21, 2008
Currently workin my way through Raymond E Feist's works. Almost completely done! $300+ worth of books ftw!