Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I could see my ass handed to me by a girl, it would be foolish to think it impossible. Im not in the best of shape, i have no formal martial arts or combat training, and im as cordinated as a blind paraplegic.

But I would never hit a girl unless struck first, and unless said girl who struck me was intneding to kill me, than ill defend myself with any and every trick I can thinkof to save my ass. But if some girl does absolutly nothing to me, and I hit her, I deserve to be torn in half by Kimbo Slice. I would never raise my hand against another person unless in self-defence.

So, Beating up a girl is worse. fucking PERIOD!

gmacarthur81

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Nov 13, 2009
Beating up a girl obviously.

Which, if you tried it in front of me, would lead you to being beaten up anyway. I do not tolerate that sort of behavior. And no, I don't care if she started it. Be a man and take it like a man. Men don't hit women, period.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
gmacarthur81 said:

Which, if you tried it in front of me, would lead you to being beaten up anyway. I do not tolerate that sort of behavior. And no, I don't care if she started it. Be a man and take it like a man. Men don't hit women, period.
So you're willing to beat people up for your sexist ideals?

Men don't beat people up for defending themselves.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Honestly, we should shed the age old sexism. Not to mention, we should be above physical violence by now.

johnsom

May 28, 2009
Take a beating. You can always say "well i cant hit a girl" and come out looking classy. Just don't let her hit you in the nose that hurts.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I would say 'beating up a girl' is worse until it gets to serious injury. i.e. If I were attacked by a woman I would take it up to the point where she was trying to seriously injure me, at that point I would find it acceptable to seriously injure her if necessary in order to preserve myself, I'd try not to but if it comes down to me or her I'm going to choose me.

Rather unfairly I'd hit to do serious injury to a guy as soon as it came to fists. I suppose this is all down to what I judge to be the comparative threat level. I'm generally going to assume that a woman isn't going to do much to seriously hurt me whereas a lucky punch or whatever from a guy might well have very serious consequences if I fall and hit my head or something. Kinda sexist really but there you go.

PS..is there an 'e' on the end of injur[e]? It just doesn't look right to me...although it looks less right without...I dunno...

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
gmacarthur81 said:

So the best way to stop people getting beaten up is to beat people up? Damn, I hope you get shot walking through some ghetto one day just because you couldn't keep your damn nose in your own buisness.

Now make no mistake, I believe if someone is in real need of help you should help them, but if you would only do it for one half of the population and not the other half, you deserve to go to Hell.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
Something must be wrong with me. I've managed to live 35 years on this planet without ever getting into a physical fight (with a female or otherwise). Clearly I'm doing this living thing wrong.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
You're supposed to follow rational decisions. It would be really girly to start beating up... anyone at all.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
oh my god! 500+ people who would rather beat up a girl!?!? violent gits! its manners and chivalry before all else with me, id sooner have my eyes gouged out than settle a disagreement on a non-converstaional manner :p

EDIT: oh hang on, whats WORSE i see, in that case im afraid i voted on the wrong option (oops)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SUPA FRANKY said:
Getting beat by a girl...OK, let me change that to not sound sexist...

Getting beat up by a SMALL girl...no wait.

How about both just suck?
Most people wouldn't taunt you if you got beat up by <link=http://spicytunas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/sakura.jpg>Sakura, the giggly school girl. In SF4, she's whooped my ass many, MANY times.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
It really depends on what turns you on. xD

Anyway beating up a girl is bad but getting beat is always worse rather it's a girl or not, and when i mean "getting beat" e mean really getting your ass kicked...

lonercs

Jun 6, 2008
saintchristopher said:
lonercs said:
saintchristopher said:
I don't care if she is kicking your ass 8 ways from Sunday; YOU DON'T HIT GIRLS.
You are an idiot! So abuse is ok if it's girl on guy. I hope you get the living shit beat out of you by an abusive girl and is put in the hospital. You probably will not be able to defend yourself legality and you won't defend yourself physical. Please if you try, you most likely get sued.

The domestic abuse laws are screwed up in the worst fucked up ways you you only make it worst. The only way to show you the truth is if your victimize or your close friend/family member suffers from it.
Okay. If you want me, or anyone to take you seriously, proofread what you type. I've never seen anyone articulate a speech impediment into text before now.

I don't know what world you're living in where women are just going around putting men in the hospital, but neither I nor my friends are stupid or emotionally fragile enough to be around women - or ANYBODY, for that matter - who have violent outbursts, let alone cultivate relationships with them.

Cook up all the hypothetical situations you want. If I were physically attacked by a girl, I'd probably have it coming. But never once in my life have I been in a situation where I felt threatened with physical violence. Do you want to know how I managed that? By not pissing people off by running my stupid mouth, a trick you would think more people might have figured out by now,
It is not hypothetical. This happens a lot, and not all cases are even reported. I know the were never threatened by an abusive person. If you were, you would agree with me. You think that the only way to be put in a threatening situation is by running your mouth? That's simply not true. A person can become violent from intoxication to irrational behavior. There does not necessarily need to be a reason other then the person likes to hurt others.

You say that if you are attacked by a girl, you probably had is coming. What if you didn't, or what if it was a guy? Again, abusive behavior does not necessarily need a reason. Even if there is a reason, it may not be a valid one. An irrational person can be offend or angered by imaginary situations when the person has no evidences such situation even took place.

I can continue arguing my point and you may still not be convinced. So I'll respond to your post we the two above points and stop. However, I want you to know that the only difference between male-on-female abuse and female-on-male is the switched genders. Unfortunately, people tend to ignore female-on-male abuse, or belittle it's seriousness.