Poll: What's your blood type?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Chemical Alia said:
The army told me I'm O-, which means I'm descended from alien lizard people.
Careful. If you donate blood, the blood bank will start hunting you down every month.

OT: I'm O+. I'm not that interesting! Yay! I have the second most difficult blood type to give to, which is sad, but at least I can give to lots of people!

...or I would, if I wasn't tachycardic and my local blood bank wasn't staffed by a bunch of pansies. "Bweehhh, 140BPM resting heart rate is too high!" Whatever. It means I finish donating in about five minutes, dangit.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Is "Caffine" a blood type? Because it probably should be considering how much I see people drink.

Also, I'm OO- [http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/b/bf/7F22.png/revision/latest?cb=20090901122729]

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
sky14kemea said:
Another 0+ here.

Sadly I have low blood pressure, so whenever I try and donate I don't give enough in the allotted time. I also get super dizzy afterwards so they said if I keep getting dizzy they'd ban me for a few years for my own safety. :C
My resting blood pressure is like 85/60, but they don't know that. The hospital is kinda far away, meaning donating blood equals a trip to the city, and a trip to the city means (window) shopping. By the time I get there, after a 5+ kilometer walk (and perhaps several new games/books/pieces of clothing), it's a healthy looking 110/80. After that it's just lightly squeezing a squishy ball while donating, and making sure I don't let the pressure drop too far before I get home. I rarely feel dizzy.

Of course, my tendency to get up right up and walk out kinda scares people, but whatever.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
A+

The first time I gave blood it got botched too, they did actually get my blood but there was a real palava in the process of obtaining it. The nurse missed my vein when she stuck the needle into my arm by a very small margin and another nurse then had to sort of wiggle the needle into the right place while it was already in my arm.

I hate to say this because she was clearly a nice person and nurses do a stressful job for not much money but the first nurse was alarming unprofessional. While the second nurse was adjusting the needle the first nurse was panicking slightly going "oh my God I can't believe I did that oh my god" while I was trying to reassure her and tell her it didn't hurt and it wasn't a big deal (it did fucking hurt by the way) bearing in mind I was only 17 when this happened.

To top that off after I'd finished and had gone to my next class (the donation was at a blood van in my college btw) I noticed that I'd severely bled through my bandage on my arm and I had a huge hand-sized red bloodstain on the arm of my favourite jacket which several repeated washings didn't get rid of so I had to throw the jacket away.

Chris Moses

Nov 22, 2013
I'm type O-. Which means I am a universal donor. Unfortunately, I can't donate blood without lying, because I have had unprotected sex with a man (doesn't matter that he's been my partner for 20 years) within the last 10 years (this was the criteria the last time I checked).

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
O+. At least there's plenty to go around if I'm bleeding out.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I took a blood test for a bio class in high school but I can't really remember A something I think. I voted A+ anyway though just to mess with the scientific accuracy of your poll.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
I won't answer the poll with a question, as I am not definitively sure about it, but I believe I am AB+.

Aug 31, 2012
No idea, however I'm on the mega-banned list and to get a decent amount of blood from me you have to go for the iliac vein, so I can't give blood to anyone.

Sep 13, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Another 0+ here.

Sadly I have low blood pressure, so whenever I try and donate I don't give enough in the allotted time. I also get super dizzy afterwards so they said if I keep getting dizzy they'd ban me for a few years for my own safety. :C
Me too, even if it's just a blood test I come dangerously close to passing out. Most of the time I just need lie down for a little bit, but when they had to do some blood tests when I was going to get my appendix removed there was a massive pressure behind my ears, I couldn't think and I couldn't focus on anything I was seeing.

That was a day of many new sensations. Anyone ever had the intravenous contrast dye before a CT scan? It feels like someone's pouring boiling water into your veins, and you can feel it spread through every part of your body

Oh, and I don't have any idea what my blood type is

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Universal donor master race, yo!

Wish I wasn't O- though. I donated twice (summer 2014 and winter 2015) and everything went well, but I went again 6 months later and...whelp...turns out I only have a third of a healthy person's iron. I haven't fainted or felt overly fatigued, but the lack of iron has made me REALLY anemic. Even after taking iron supplements for several months (it's terrible for your gut btw. I felt so sick), a blood test from last month dictates I'm STILL anemic. I doubt the donating was the sole reason it's so low, but either way, I can't donate blood without dying in the process. Rather big problem, yanno.

But no, Canadian Blood Services won't take "no, I can't give blood without dying" for an answer. I've told them frequently about my ongoing health issues the past year, even speaking to nurses, and they're like "so, how about we call you in a few months to see how you feel?" NO! I literally have no blood! None! I don't even have enough for myself! I have no blood, you greedy vampires!

Oct 2, 2012
Another A+ here. I donated two or three times, but on my last donation my blood got hit with a false positive for Hepatitis C. I was told that even if I were to get retested dozens of times, and each test came up negative for Hep C, I would still not be allowed to donate again.

Oh well, less shit for me to do I guess.
Sucks for anyone needing some A+ blood though.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
B+

Which according to this poll is pretty rare.
But last time I donated they told me it is the most common blood type in my country and they actually have too much of it at the moment in storage :p

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
O+, if I remember correctly.
I used to be a blood donor, but I stopped a few years ago. No problem with needles, giving blood, or any medical reasons stopping me, just a bit too much social anxiety to go and lay down on a gurney for 20 minutes in view of a dozen or two people. If it was a bit more private, I might start donating again.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
O+, despite that I'm not allowed to donate blood, in the 3 times that I've tried it has been rejected because I'm to thin and might faint after extraction which I don't find to be much of an issue, and come on how can that be true?
I've seriously injured myself several times and lost a lot of blood and I've never fainted from an injury, the only times I've fainted was during a relatively harsh period in my life that I didn't have enough food and was completely malnourished because I was eating like once every 3 days and that was a long time ago, pffft, doctors don't know shit about my endurance.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I have no idea, I asked my doctor after the blood test I had but apparently blood type wasn't one of the things the test recorded. I am curious about what type I am but not enough to get more needles unless I have to.