Poll: Whats your drink Escapists?

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Either Scotch (which is quite convenient considering I was recently gifted a quite expensive bottle), a good Barbados Rum or European beer.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Hard cider. Nothing better on a hot summer day.

And no, this has nothing to do with being an Applejack fan.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Ale, whisky, bourbon, irish whisky, vodka, whatever takes my fancy really.

Except gin, I hate gin, also tequila that shit is nasty.
Cider makes me dead for a few days if I drink it.

Lately I'm trying to not drink booze though.

Floggo

Mar 30, 2010
When I'm just listening to Jazz or being a fancy ************.

When I'm out with my friends at the pub

When I'm in a patriotic mood or at an Irish Pub

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
The Almighty Grigard said:
I don't get it. What is wrong with calling Laphroaig a whiskey? It's a single malt whiskey brewed on the isle of Islay.
Which is exactly why it's not Whiskey, the e implies it's made in a country other then Scotland.

Yeah ok I'm being pedantic, but it really should be called whisky.

Jan 23, 2010
flaming_squirrel said:
The Almighty Grigard said:
I don't get it. What is wrong with calling Laphroaig a whiskey? It's a single malt whiskey brewed on the isle of Islay.
Which is exactly why it's not Whiskey, the e implies it's made in a country other then Scotland.

Yeah ok I'm being pedantic, but it really should be called whisky.
Pedantic semantics indeed. Sorry for not being a native speaker and knowing the difference between having an E or not having an E when both words mean the same bloody thing.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009

Love these drinks, though the former is the one I really like to savor due to its price.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Robinson's Special R Apple & Blackcurrant.

. . . or, if I really have to pick something alcoholic, Jack Daniels (possibly with Coke). Or something where the alcohol content is high enough to get me drunk quickly and can sacrifice taste for the vague sensation of having lit my throat on fire.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

Because I'm fucking classy, that's why, none of that wussy cider crap.
It seems you have taste I will be classy with you although I prefer dark rum a little over spiced and murphys a little over guinness.

Also Guinness should not be extra cold, why dont pubs get this? it destroys the taste, same happens if the guinness has travelled a lot.I will drink almost any alchoholic beverage though the only exception being Carling thats just how classy I am. Oh sod it ill drink carling as well if its free.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Screamarie said:
Big Red. Fuck getting drunk, I want a sugar rush! And the best part is I can't go to jail for it, WOO!

*runs off screaming into the night and then crashes and sleeps for a couple of days.*
Really, the original flavor or one of the different varieties?
I personally love Big Blue myself though I do miss the Vanilla Float. I despise Peach both as a fruit and flavor so the one time I had Big Peach was not a very good day.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Dragon Zero said:
Screamarie said:
Big Red. Fuck getting drunk, I want a sugar rush! And the best part is I can't go to jail for it, WOO!

*runs off screaming into the night and then crashes and sleeps for a couple of days.*
I personally love Big Blue myself though I do miss the Vanilla Float. I despise Peach both as a fruit and flavor so the one time I had Big Peach was not a very good day.
Just the original flavor. Big Blue tastes like over sweetened freezer pop to me. I've never even heard of Big Peach. That sounds...disgusting.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Screamarie said:
Dragon Zero said:
Screamarie said:

Just the original flavor. Big Blue tastes like over sweetened freezer pop to me. I've never even heard of Big Peach. That sounds...disgusting.
It is, luckily I tricked my sister into drinking it all, of course she liked it. I was once tempted to taste Big Pineapple, but decided against it since I could only find it in 12 packs. As I said, I miss the Vanilla Float flavor I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Chocolate Milk and Crush Orange Soda. That's my top drink. Well, not as a mixture!

Frankly, I never even knew that "cider" was the name of an alcoholic beverage elsewhere, until people started making jokes about it after (non-alcoholic apple) cider was introduced in an episode of FiM. You know how much I hate overplayed jokes made by people who think they're clever, just because they can put 2 and 2 together with things that happen to share the same name?

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Fosters. Failing Fosters, Vodka and Coke. If they don't have ether of those I find another pub :p

Anyone seen the new Fosters adverts? They're great.

SomeBrianDude

Nov 30, 2010
Beer, all the way baby. Give me a pint or two of 5am Saint or Staropramen and I'll do anything you want. Literally.