Poll: What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
So here's a thread guaranteed to awaken your inner 8 year old. What's you're favorite dinosaur, and why?

I apologize if you're choice isn't in the poll, it only had room for 8 and I didn't feel like wasting one on 'other'. So if yours isn't there just state it in your post. And if it's something obscure, include a picture and tell us a bit about it.

For me it's gotta be the Anklosaurus, he's basically a living tank who could wholeheartedly kick your ass, or perhaps I should say his ass could kick you, but he chooses not to unless threatened. I think that's pretty respectable.

DktrAgonizer

Jun 7, 2010
I've always been a fan of velociraptors. They're small, quick, and totally badass. They're also sort of adorable, in some way.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
Not really obscre, but I'm gonna post a picture anyway. Iguanodon. It had spikes on its hands instead of thumbs!

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Of the available options, I've always been partial to the Stegosaurus. For absolutely no discernible reason.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Raptors of course, they only got more awesome when science added feathers.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I was gonna say Tyrannosaurus but after looking up the Spinosaurus and thinking it wouldn't look too out of place as a Godzilla monster, I'm gonna go with that.

Also, I don't wanna be that guy but somebody has to be; Pterodactyls aren't dinosaurs, they're Pterosaurs.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I love all dinosaurs, it'd be hard to pick one type as my favorite. Doing an inventory of my plushies, I have two apatosaurs, two stegosaurs, a parasaurolophus, and a triceratops. Also, Alexander insists that he is a megalodon, and also that that is a dinosaur. He is wrong about both (he's a great white), but megalodon is awesome enough to mention here.

I am forced to conclude that apatosaurus and stegosaurus are tied for my favorite, at least until I get another one to break the tie. I'd love an adorable ankylosaurus, though.

Fun fact: Firefox spell check tries to tell me that apatosaurus is misspelled, and when I right click it, it suggests changing it to brontosaurus. Firefox spell check is WRONG.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009

because of this, I almost went with raptors, but then decided Triceratops will always win.

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
Out of your list, I'd choose the Ankylosaurus, go figure. Screw claws, he has a mace! My all-time favorite has to be the Dimetrodon.

Look at his fin! He was just a few years away from evolving into a dragon 'till that scumbag meteor...or supervolcano...or aliens.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Hazy992 said:
I was gonna say Tyrannosaurus but after looking up the Spinosaurus and thinking it wouldn't look too out of place as a Godzilla monster, I'm gonna go with that.

Also, I don't wanna be that guy but somebody has to be; Pterodactyls aren't dinosaurs, they're Pterosaurs.
Dammit, I was going to be that guy! Stop stealing my thunder!

As for my vote, I'm going to have to go with Carcharodontosaurus, for being badass enough to survive around Spinosaurs.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
NightmareWarden said:
Out of your list, I'd choose the Ankylosaurus. Screw claws, he has a mace! My all-time favorite has to be the Dimetrodon.

Look at his fin! He was just a few years away from evolving into a dragon 'till that scumbag meteor...or supervolcano...or aliens.
NOT A DINOSAUR TRY AGAIN OR I'LL RELEASE THE UTAHRAPTORS

This, friends, is how you be that guy!

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Off the list I'd say Stegosaurus for no other reason than I like saying that word. Stegosaurs. It's fun.

The actual best dinosaur was Iguanodon. The damn thing had spikes instead of thumbs! How awesome is that!

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
With the T-Rex being the popular badass dinosaur that everyone went with when we were kids, I thought I'd be different and for the Allosaurus instead. The Cretacecous can suck it!

...incidentally without the option for Allosaurus in the poll, I went for T-Rex...

Aris Khandr said:
Fun fact: Firefox spell check tries to tell me that apatosaurus is misspelled, and when I right click it, it suggests changing it to brontosaurus. Firefox spell check is WRONG.
When I put in "Allosaurus" on Chrome it suggests Stegosaurus instead, so mine's like stupidly wrong.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Brontosaurus because of that cartoon that I used to watch as a kid. They are awesome.

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
Froggy Slayer said:
NightmareWarden said:
Out of your list, I'd choose the Ankylosaurus. Screw claws, he has a mace! My all-time favorite has to be the Dimetrodon.

FINE THEN, I'll choose a specific species of the awesome Antarctopelta of the Anklyosauria! Forget hot and humid climates, this beast lived in Antarctica!

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
NightmareWarden said:
Froggy Slayer said:
NightmareWarden said:

FINE THEN, I'll choose a specific species of the awesome Antarctopelta of the Anklyosauria! Forget hot and humid climates, this beast lived in Antarctica!
Antartica WAS a relatively hot and humid climate at the time!
Don't try to beat me, son, I'll always win. Always.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Sassafrass said:

This is the only true answer.
I counter your Reptar with the actual true answer.

[HEADING=1] Barney the motherfucking dinosaur![/HEADING]

This dino does not give one singular fuck, and that is why he's the best! =D

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK

Named me another dinosaur that has a thumb spike! It's like having a weapon integrated on you!