Poll: What's Your Favorite Fruit?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Guffe said:
That was actually a really interesting and not confusing read, thanks.
I just learned a few new things today, well saying this somtime to my friends when drunk with the argument " a random guy on the internet told me so" might not sound too good but you seem knowledgable and interested in this stuff so I'll believe you (either feel happy for me not being an ass and contnuing to debate or then be happy for screwing someone over in case you made all that up :p).
And the tangerine and clementine thing, don't worry I used to work in grocery store ;)
But thanks again, a really interesting read you gave me!!!
Thanks for the positive feedback there, I guess the worst thing I could say now was that this was all made up (it's all true). Now I have honestly enjoyed this and I thank you for your time. Also if you were to get into a discussion about this Wikipedia is a decent source (though I see inaccuracies), but more credible sources is Brooker Biology or An Illustrated Guide To Flowering Plant Morphology.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Okay: I cant decide between pink lady apples, peaches, or grapefruit. Lets go with grapefruit, it can serve as a drink as well as a food.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
You should be ashamed for not including an option for Kiwi fruit and watermelon. I would have o say grapes though. Only the good grapes though. Recently I have hated the ones I had.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
Eclpsedragon said:
Madara XIII said:
An Apple Mixed with a Pineapple?

WHAT WIZARDRY DO YOU SPEAK OF!?!?
I must try these
DISCLAIMER: That's just the way they taste to me, might not taste that way to you.
I think you refer to the glory that is the Flavor Grenade. Its a type of pluot, an apricot plum hybrid. Hail glorious science for bringing such excessive levels of taste into being.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Strawberries, nectarines and mangos. I'm not sure which of the three though, they're all SO GOOD! (nectarines and mangos are probably more consistently good)

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I fucking love me some grapes. Mmmmm good for snacking because you can juts pop 'em in your mouth like little candies and then put the rest back in the fridge!

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
I love grapes. Grapes are the best. A fact that I will now support through the magic of the Internet. Grape master race.

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
Kiwi, all the way. Great on their own, great on muesili, just great full stop.
Not if your allergic to it like I am ;)

I myself like peaches,apples are probably my favourites.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
DeltaEdge said:
Oh gosh, it's too difficult to decide. I couldn't possibly pick one fruit over all other fruits, and you sir, are a demon for trying to make me choose!!
And here at the bottom, is one fruit that I feel has no redeeming value, a fruit that makes me feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Here at the bottom, is the avocado. Avocados can all disappear you wretched, little bastards.
GAHAHAHAHA Indeed I am. I delight in your fruity Conundrum....wait wtf did you just say about Avocados!?

The Great and Powerful Madara is not amused by your antics...

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Corax_1990 said:
Eclpsedragon said:
Madara XIII said:
An Apple Mixed with a Pineapple?

WHAT WIZARDRY DO YOU SPEAK OF!?!?
I must try these
DISCLAIMER: That's just the way they taste to me, might not taste that way to you.
I think you refer to the glory that is the Flavor Grenade. Its a type of pluot, an apricot plum hybrid. Hail glorious science for bringing such excessive levels of taste into being.
The fact that they called it a Flavor Genade only makes me admire science more.
Such a fun name for a fruit

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Dags90 said:
Cantaloupe, because cantaloupe is the only correct answer.
yes. i agree with the following. although i think it might be a tie between cantaloupe and avocado. i like the versatility avocado has, especially because it has a creamyness that isnt common to fruits. and they make great smoothies on their own, just blend some avocado and you're in smoothie heaven!

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
Bananas.
So much so that I actually like to have them on other things. Like cheesecake. There is little better than banana cheesecake.
Unless...banana-toffee cheesecake.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Bananas of course! So much usefulness in deserts, last long and is full of healthy stuff.
Bananas with icecream, with chocolate, peanut butter or simply just dried banana snack. Yum yum.

I am surprised Daystar Clarion has not invaded his thread, I mean it is about food after all.

holographicman

Oct 6, 2009
Pears are awesome son and if you keep insulting their excellence you might wake up one morning to find a maul happy grizzly bear in a pear costume at your doorstep

As is tradition

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
holographicman said:
Pears are awesome son and if you keep insulting their excellence you might wake up one morning to find a maul happy grizzly bear in a pear costume at your doorstep

As is tradition
TRADITION!?
My good sir, I don't question ethics but dressing a bear as a pear.
HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?

Alcamonic said:
Bananas of course! So much usefulness in deserts, last long and is full of healthy stuff.
Bananas with icecream, with chocolate, peanut butter or simply just dried banana snack. Yum yum.

I am surprised Daystar Clarion has not invaded his thread, I mean it is about food after all.
Indeed. Wonder where that fine chap is...

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I was hoping that this was a threat filled with people arguing over apples vs oranges.
Sadly I was disappointed.