Poll: What's your game of the year?

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
It's going to be a good match for me between Zelda Skyward Sword, Batman Arkham City, Dark Souls and The Witcher2. Really looking forword to playing them!

Forbearance

Best person in the universe
Sep 9, 2009
For games that have been released, Bastion, without a doubt (Actually one of the best games I've ever played.) so I'm hoping Skyrim will impress me (It'd better for $90).

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
My goty game is Catherine , new , different , original , great story , great game play , fun game , challenging game . Atlus out did themselves as far as i'm concerned , but why oh why did you only list western games in your poll , this poll is onesided , and another thing , i dont buy i to hype , because hype leads to dissapointment.

ZetaLegacies

Jun 26, 2011
So far I've only bought 4 games that were made in 2011: Pokemon White (Amazing), WWE All Stars (Disappointing and Mediocre), Terraria (Really Good), and Infamous 2 (Excellent game, better than the first 1.). So right now my favorite game of the year is Pokemon White. But for games I want to get it's a 3 way tie with Saints Row 3, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
HerrBobo said:
Eh, no one has played any of those games yet. Poll fail?

I reckon the best game that I have played so far this year is either Shogun 2 or DoW: Retribution.
You can still form an opinion onn something that isn't out yet

The Long Road

Sep 3, 2010
Is this really the kind of question you want to be asking with 33% of the year left in months we haven't even started? You know, the ones that end in -ember or -ober when ALL of the good games come out?

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
SgtFoley said:
Well since nothing good has actually come out yet this year and I refuse to judge a game before it actually comes out and I have played it I dont have one.
If you refuse to judge a game before you buy it, do you just pick games randomly from the store before you buy it?
You need to judge a game before its out to decide whether its worth your money or not

TheHappySquid

Feb 2, 2011
Dead Island. I love me some zombies. Minecraft is a close second though. Seeing as the full release is this year I figure it counts :p

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Gluzzbung said:
I love the way you've put all the really dull, repetitive and mainstream game for options.

I'll tell you know it should be minecraft for just about everyone that has a sense for recognition of what is good.
Yeh because punching trees for hours is neither dull nor repetitive

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Its probably going to be between Dues ex, Rage, Assassins Creed, or maybe skyrim. I know I'll enjoy skyrim but it'll probably lack the story that drives the other games Rage is kinda in the same boat but its kinda the dark horse right now, Assassins Creed could deliver if they can pull off the story and have some interesting improvements, Dues ex looks amazing from what I've seen and the story loiks amazing as well but I've never played the series before so its a little hard to sort through the hype but it definitely appeals to me.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I'm waiting on Dark Souls. Dark Souls will be my GotY for a long, long time. Especially since pre-orders were bumped up to Collector's Edition.^^

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
NONE OF THESE GAMES CAME OUT.

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF A GAME IS GOING TO BEAT THE REST IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT YET?

ARGHABAGGELDADFJIOF

/caps rant

Portal 2 so far.

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
Every one say that non of them have been released yet fails, since inFamous 2 is out and has been for months.

Monsieur E

Jul 1, 2011
If I had a PS3, it might have been the new Sly Cooper game.

But since I don't, Skyrim will most likely be my GOTY

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Well since most of theese games haven't been released yet I have no idea if the game is going to be fun or not, so i'm just going to pick my game of the year so far, and I think it's pretty weird that you didn't add... and hold on now...

THE GODDAMN WITCHER 2
It's one of the best games I have ever played. Great gameplay, great story and atmosphere and just perfectly challenging

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Portal 2. It's just so mesmerizing and wonderful and fantastic and...

*goes on to list every positive adjective ever*

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
Dark Souls most likely for me. I have speculating on this kind of thing because I feel as if I am setting myself up for disappointment. Demon's Souls is exactly my kind of game. All Dark Souls has to do is improve upon the spell aiming and it is the best game ever, of all time (oh, and not somehow change everything else so that it sucks). Hell, all they would have to do is patch Demon's Souls with this correction (just make it aim like the bow!) and then it would be my GotF(forever).

I do reeeeally look forward to Skyrim as well, and Dead Island looks cool as all get out. I just don't think they will pull me in like Dark Souls. Skyrim I will play obsessively because of the medieval aspect, and Dead Island because of the zombies... but neither game has my kind of mechanics and atmosphere.

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
Macrobstar said:
HerrBobo said:
Eh, no one has played any of those games yet. Poll fail?

I reckon the best game that I have played so far this year is either Shogun 2 or DoW: Retribution.
You can still form an opinion onn something that isn't out yet
No.

You want me to form an opinion on which game is the best from a list that I, nor anyone else here has played, that is not possible.

I can speculate, but that is not what the OP asked.