Poll: What's your Game of the Year?

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
Seeing that there aren't anymore games coming out for 2011, I wanted to know what you game of the year for 2011. Mine is Uncharted 3, the perfect blend of story and gameplay and truly makes you feel like you interacting with a movie. It's a master piece.

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
I suppose Skyrim. But given how its only been about 2 weeks since I got it and I'm already back to playing older games, I'm not sure how great this year has actually been for games.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Skyward Sword is my Game of the Year.

The rest:
2) Portal 2
3) Batman: Arkham City
4) Skyrim
5) Dragon Age 2

Of course, if I could count New Vegas DLC as its own game (there's enough content there), it would be #2.

kane.malakos

Jan 7, 2011
You're missing some pretty big names in there, like Deus Ex: HR and Portal 2. I loved those games, but I'd probably have to go with Skyrim.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I came into this thread thinking, 'yay, another GOTY votey thread, I get to vote for Portal 2 again!'

And then the disappointment is revealed.

I'm sure you get my point, and, my vote.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Why must people keep making these GotY threads, keep using polls which in no way can show the number of games that people will choose, and even then don't use those 8 slots efficiently. You put MW3 up there but not Skyward sword, Deus Ex or Portal 2? REALLY?

OT: Mass Effect 2. It came out for ps3 this year, I'm totally exploiting that.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
TRENCHED!

OK not really GotY. But it was pretty fantastic and I enjoyed it more than any other downloadable at least.

GotY for me would have to be either Batman or Skyrim. I can't be bothered to choose between them.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Making a poll about this is impossible. Easier to just let people state their case for their games.

As for me...

Console GOTY: Three-way fight between Skyward Sword, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Catherine.

Skyward Sword's charm and tweaked formula parries Deus Ex's bullets and stealth, while Deus Ex dodges Zelda's blows handily with its cyberpunk/renaissance noir aesthetic and unique blend of RPG and Shooter. Catherine, however, is seducing both with the best story and acting I've experienced all year, as well as challenging and thematically perfect gameplay style.

Handheld GOTY: Radiant Historia. Without a shadow of doubt, Radiant Historia.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
None of those, for me it's a toss up between Forza 4, Space Marine, Saints Row: The Third or The Witcher 2, although if I had to pick one, I'd probably go for Forza 4 for it's consistent quality and almost endless entertainment value.

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
How can you ask something like this and than put a poll with what you think GOTY is?

Beside, it's blatantly obvious Skyrim is going to win.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Please do remove the poll, there are way too many good games this year that you could condence them into 8 choices.

Regardless, Witcher 2 is my game of the year (yeah i said it, i´ve played skyrim.)

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I want Arkham City to get it, but Skyrim's looking like it's gonna run away with it.