Poll: What's your sexual orientation?

Ratties

New member
May 8, 2013
278
0
0
I am straight. I rarely find girls that I want to pursue. I know I am going to get shit for saying this...but. I find most women to be boring.
 

Techno Squidgy

New member
Nov 23, 2010
1,045
0
0
On the sliding scale I'm close to pure hetero, but I've found one or two guys attractive.

Scentedwiind said:
While everyone's here. I've always wondered about phraseology. Is it modern, as one might say, to use the words usual or typical to refer to the dominant sexual preference that is heterosexuality. I've caught myself using words like normal when defining it and, to a certain extent, there is normalcy about heterosexuality but is that a subconscious social pressure or just a reflection of the world as it is? I think it could make a forum by itself.
Well... While heterosexuality is more common, and thus would make it the norm, I don't think it's really right to refer to it as such. Mostly due to the implications that other sexualities are abnormal.
 

ZettieBeans

New member
Aug 18, 2013
3
0
0
I like hentai....with hentai there's always an abundance of different sexualities...but I have a kink for cute maids and nekos and such...no uglies...the uglies chase me away hahaha...

Is there such a sexuality of having attraction to 2D figures? I think that is a more popular sexuality eastern-wise...
 

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
575
0
0
kurupt87 said:
Dominant gynesexual, according to something porn related.
The Dominant part I hope you don't need an explanation for that.

As for gynesexual it means you are attracted to the female form regardless of the actual gender of the individual. If it's pretty and girly enough you'll do it.

Which means you'd do females, convincing crossdressers, Transgender girls and possibly even just a gay males if they are feminine enough looking. Of course being dominant you'd only do it if they accepted you are male in the act and they are the female.

So basically: Dominant gynesexual = Bisexual Top.
 

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
7,507
3,106
118
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a guy, and I primarily like guys. My only relationships have been with them.

Bisexual, though I can see myself having a relationship with a woman less and less now.
 

Bara_no_Hime

New member
Sep 15, 2010
3,646
0
0
Bisexual.

Seriously, doesn't everyone on the Escapists already know that? Do I even need to post in these threads anymore?

Angelowl said:
Find both straight guys and dykes to be bothersome and complicated to deal with due to their normative and inflexible views regarding relationships and sex. And according to my experience it's easiest to find people of my preference in the metal scene and the BDSM scene.
I quite agree with your analysis of straight guys, but I haven't typically had that issue with lesbians around these parts (East-coast America). I've heard of people having such issues, but mostly people on the West coast. So maybe there's a cultural difference based on location in America, or maybe I've just been weirdly lucky with lesbians.
 

Ilikemilkshake

New member
Jun 7, 2010
1,982
0
0
Angelous Wang said:
kurupt87 said:
Dominant gynesexual, according to something porn related.
The Dominant part I hope you don't need an explanation for that.

As for gynesexual it means you are attracted to the female form regardless of the actual gender of the individual. If it's pretty and girly enough you'll do it.
I just learned a new word, thanks.

I'm biologically male but I don't really have a strong gender identity, so I'd describe myself as an androgynous pan-sexual, although gynesexual probably works just as well, I like all the things you were describing.
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Aedes said:
The ammount of options is so vast and the choices of the poll are so few that I feel the result will be incomplete, but I digress.

The best option that fits me is bisexual although I'm more straight than gay (bicurious would fit better however). Only a couple of guys got my attention so far so... yeah.
That's not bi-curious or bisexual. Nate Fillion transcends sexuality.

It's not the least bit gay to like Nate Fillion.

...Shut up!!! Go away! It's not!

Techno Squidgy said:
On the sliding scale I'm close to pure hetero, but I've found one or two guys attractive.

Scentedwiind said:
While everyone's here. I've always wondered about phraseology. Is it modern, as one might say, to use the words usual or typical to refer to the dominant sexual preference that is heterosexuality. I've caught myself using words like normal when defining it and, to a certain extent, there is normalcy about heterosexuality but is that a subconscious social pressure or just a reflection of the world as it is? I think it could make a forum by itself.
Well... While heterosexuality is more common, and thus would make it the norm, I don't think it's really right to refer to it as such. Mostly due to the implications that other sexualities are abnormal.
They are abnormal, though. There's just nothing wrong with it.
 

Wintermute_v1legacy

New member
Mar 16, 2012
1,829
0
0
I'm straight because women have parts that I like. I have heard many "I thought you were gay!" "People say you're gay" comments, though. Perhaps I don't look straight enough. Go figure.
 

Clowndoe

New member
Aug 6, 2012
395
0
0
Contrary to popular belief, I'm super a very straight guy. I just have a heterosexual-male life partner. The fact that we default to hanging out when neither of us is doing anything (4-5 days out of the week) gives people weird vibes apparently.
 

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3,114
0
0
I'm hetero, not much I can really say about it. Like the fetish thread, my answer is very boring compared to others.
 

Techno Squidgy

New member
Nov 23, 2010
1,045
0
0
AccursedTheory said:
Techno Squidgy said:
On the sliding scale I'm close to pure hetero, but I've found one or two guys attractive.

Scentedwiind said:
While everyone's here. I've always wondered about phraseology. Is it modern, as one might say, to use the words usual or typical to refer to the dominant sexual preference that is heterosexuality. I've caught myself using words like normal when defining it and, to a certain extent, there is normalcy about heterosexuality but is that a subconscious social pressure or just a reflection of the world as it is? I think it could make a forum by itself.
Well... While heterosexuality is more common, and thus would make it the norm, I don't think it's really right to refer to it as such. Mostly due to the implications that other sexualities are abnormal.
They are abnormal, though. There's just nothing wrong with it.
True enough, but some people see abnormal and think unnatural or wrong. Which is a mighty silly way of viewing the world if you ask me, but hey, some people are mighty silly.

Angelowl said:
Find both straight guys and dykes to be bothersome and complicated to deal with due to their normative and inflexible views regarding relationships and sex.
Out of curiousity, I have to ask for something a bit more than that. My hunch is that this has something to do with monogamy and/or fidelity?
 

2HF

New member
May 24, 2011
630
0
0
I was once referred to as heteroflexible.

I'm attracted almost exclusively to women but exceptions exist. I'm unable to pin down exactly what my tastes in men are as the ones I've been attracted to varied widely in physical appearance. Clark Duke and Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel) have nothing in common as far as looks go beyond the clean shaven faces, but then that guy at the bar was quite scruffy and he really did it for me.
 

Lieju

New member
Jan 4, 2009
3,044
0
0
A lesbian.

AccursedTheory said:
They are abnormal, though. There's just nothing wrong with it.
Yes, but but quite a lot of people who go around calling non-heterosexuality not 'normal' tend to also use that as an argument as to why it's wrong.
 

ImperialSunlight

New member
Nov 18, 2009
1,269
0
0
I'm straight as a circle. Which is to say, not at all. I'm male, and I like men, lots of them. That is all.

Not sure what else to say on this topic...

._.

*crickets*