Poll: When did COD 'jump the shark'? - if ever (Spoilers within)

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
Sheapard randomly betraying you in MW2 was the dealbreaker for me (the fact that Black Ops campaign was fucking atrocious was the cherry on the "not buying MW3" cake), Infinity Ward get this straight, insanity does not equal all purpose plot insulation, when asked "what are Sheapard's motivations?" you cannot just say "he's one crazy mofo!"

/rant
Infinity Ward didn't make Black Ops, that was Treyarch.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
MW2 easy since the Plotholes are full of starved Great White Sharks and they're swimming in Red Bull. That's how bad the story was, in No Russian 3 people died yet the 1 American is blamed. What a great cause for a full scale invasion. What happened to all the cameras in Airports. When in the fuck would cops just let a any vehicle by when they have an area locked down and the driver is wearing a SUIT. Roach and Ghost died for no reason at all since they were in the dark about everything. They were just doing a job plus after all the shit they did before hand they wasn't even thinking about Sheapard. Yet they're killed because he thinks they know something they didn't have time to read when around 50+ people raided that house. Plus with the whole EMP taking out the satellites wouldn't that toss up red flags all over he fucking world but no it seems that everybody was in the dark. Also how in the fuck would they have time to make trenches in DC digging those things take days and a lot of man power something they wouldn't have. Also I can see Russia attacking the west coast but how in the fuck did they get on the east coast with out somebody seeing the shit let alone why didn't they shoot back. Yet all the problems Price and Soap are Americas most wanted. Good job your story makes no fucking sense, but wait its looks cool and runs 60fps.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
i say WAW

Its campaign was actually good but the multiplayer was copy and pasted from the previous game. that's when the falling action started.
in MW2 the multiplayer was not only copy and paste but the campaign WAS SHIT!!!!
seriously, the controversial airport mission was not only unnecessary but contained god knows how many plot holes!! and its the 2nd fucking mission!!! that and they really dropped the ball on likable characters. especially since they kept killing them off...why? because they could?

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I don't think it's really had a "jumping the shark" point, I think it's just starting to stagnate because it's been pretty much the same fucking game since CoD 4, which itself wasn't much different from CoD 2 and 3. I will say that MW2 had an extremely well executed cinematic campaign though.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
My first instinct is to say MW2 like everyone else has said. But then when I think about it, when WAW was announced, I remember hearing a lot of confusion and a lot of hate for it's setting. It's true that MW2 was probably the first BAD CoD, but i kind of felt the decline at WAW first.

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
TheSapphireKnight said:
It jumped the shark the moment that Soap told me use a heartbeat sensor......
It can detect heartbeats, but not cars or jets! Best thing since sliced bread!

I feel that CoD4 was over-the-top only because shooting lots of bad guys is better gameplay than shooting just a few bad guys.
Modern Warfare 2 was over-the-top because they took the concept of shooting lots and lots of bad guys and made it into the main plotline.

Also: WE'RE OSCAR MIKE!!

Multiplayer was downhill after CoD2. Good thing we have promod.. Oh wait, no mod tools after CoD4... never mind then.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
klasbo said:
Also: WE'RE OSCAR MIKE!!
What the hell was it with that, both SAS and Rangers parrot that line.

I get it that the military phonetic alphabet O = Oscar and M=Mike.

But it's just contrived to turn "on the move" to "On Move" to "O M" to "Oscar Mike".

In the military it's useless to say down the radio "we're on our way". You CONFIRM an order to go somewhere. The only information you need to give is ETA arrival time, otherwise it is superfluous prattle.