Poll: When do you expect to die (decades)

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
The average rate for death right now is basically late 80's. When do you think you are going to kick the bucket?Personally I expect to live well it to my centennial years, what about you?

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Singularity hits sometime in the 2030s, we all live forever as immortal supermen.

Or I just get frozen, and woken up a thousand years in the future.

Or medical technology starts advancing fast enough that we reach "escape velocity", and everything's fine.

Plenty of ways to live forever. Failing that, take up BASE jumping at 50.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
EternalFacepalm said:
I answered 'other', as I'll probably die in my mid-30's with my current lifestyle.
Believe me, lifestyles don't kill as fast as they allegedly do.

As for me, huh, I think I've got a few decades left. I'm going to answer "other", however, because my honest answer would be "Before I get too bored, hopefully."

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
I will live to see 200 years old. I know it! I can do it. Starting from today, I am doing everything in my power to live to see that age. While I could cryogenically freeze myself, I do actually want to live in the interveening time

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Vegosiux said:
EternalFacepalm said:
I answered 'other', as I'll probably die in my mid-30's with my current lifestyle.
really? YAY!! *chuggs down 5 energy drinks*

lifeissuperduperawsome!!

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Vegosiux said:
EternalFacepalm said:
I was considering the amount of death threats I get monthly as well. Counting that, 36 is being generous, really. :D

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
I'm expecting to die in my early to late 70's, though knowing my luck, I'll be lucky to reach 65.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Heh, considering how stupid I am and in how much trouble I get sometimes, I probably won't make it past 25, then again I've somehow managed to survive for 21 years now, which is rather impressive considering how many times I almost died in some stupid way but got lucky, now that I think about it, with my luck I'm probably going to be the first immortal man.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
spectrenihlus said:
Personally I expect to live well it to my centennial years, what about you?
Hey, that's quite nice attitude ! :]
I hope i'll die before i'm old enough to be dependable on others. Late 70's would be ok.

Dec 14, 2009
After decades of research and testing, we will finally be transformed into beings of pure light.

Go team.

Not exactly what we will be after of course, but, in the ballpark.

So, we'll keep testing and maybe someday we'll achieve man's ultimate dream, to evolve into pillars of pure salt.

Can't wait.

So salty.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
80's. Assuming technology doesn't advance from this point forward.
90's. If technology does.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
The life expectancy at birth for my age group is 71 for males, so '70's seems like a good guess. Not sure why it isn't included in the poll. Of course, now that I've survived childhood diseases, my life expectancy is probably a bit over 71, but still in the 70's I'd guess.

I don't know where/when the OP is from, but in the U.S. the average life expectancy at birth has never topped 80 (currently at 77.something).

That's what the data say, anyway.