Poll: When do you get a new game?

Spaz91

Oct 7, 2008
Zombie Izzard said:
Spaz91 said:
Zombie Izzard said:
Spaz91 said:
I buy a game when I see it cheap. Play it, sell it. Then when I want to play it again I buy it again for less than I sold it. I continue this process until the game is completely devalued, then I keep it.
So you like to waste money whenever possible? My friend use to do this and it drove me insane.
How am I wasting money? It means I end up paying about a third of what I would pre-odering it.
Okay forget about pre ordering anything. Say you buy a game for 40 sell it for 20 buy it for 15 sell it for 5 then buy it again at 7. You just spent 66 and only earned 25, making you lost 41 dollars. More then what you payed for it originally.
It usually goes, buy game for 30, sell for 20, buy for 15, sell for ten, buy for 5, keep.
Saves a tenner.
I will add that now PS2 games are practically worthless I'm rebuilding my collection so I'm buying a ps2 game every other day for small change.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
I waited outside for Halo-3 [my god that was a long time ago] and then I waited outside to get Resident Evil 5.
I regret every getting those games, but the wait was pretty fun.
Bring a cooler, chairs, and make sure you share with your fellow line-men. You will make friends =D

Woundingisfun

Sep 2, 2008
You won't see me outside a gameshop early in the morning. I buy games when I feel like it, and if I think it's a good investment. I bought Red Faction: Guerilla not long after it's release and I think it was money well spent.

MW:2 and Assassins Creed 2 might be the first two games I am determined to buy on the day they get released, so I'm looking forward to November.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I have three general rules for getting new games.

1) If it's a hugely anticipated release that I have been frothing over for months during the development cycle (as in a new Paradox game or a new Total War), I buy it on release day, usually first thing in the morning, setting Steam to digitally download it while I'm off doing my day's required tasks so it'll be ready when I get home.

2) If it's a new release I'm interested in but isn't from Paradox or Creative Assembly, I'll probably let Metacritic assemble a few reviews first. If the game looks good but not great, it gets tabled until it drops in price (currently Dawn of Discovery is on this list---I'm waiting for a price drop and/or removal of the install-limit DRM before I buy.)

3) If it's a game that just slipped through my cracks in previous years and comes out in a special edition for $20, I'll buy it then---I buy most of my games this way, most notably Morrowind's GotY edition and the SimCity Box from EA for SimCity 4.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
tomfrumtarn said:
dwoo21 said:
tomfrumtarn said:
I find it easier to pre-order it on Play.com. They deliver it for me, usually before it's released in shops :D.
All is good.
Now THAT is advertising and I'm sold so I think I may check that out(I'm suprised I've never heard of it)
I think its only based in the UK, i may be wrong.
I checked out the website and your right its based in the UK but I can probably order games there but it would take longer and I don't know if they accept U.S. currency, what am I saying if u have money people will take it