Poll: When do you purchase your game?

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I normally wait for sales, unless it's a game from a dev that I want to support (Squad, Obsidian and the like).

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
For me it really depends on the title. I was going to wait for reviews on Dragon Age: Inquisition, but since they had the review embargo a week before the game was released I pre-ordered it a couple days in advance. I tend to avoid Bethesda games on launch because of the amount of patching they require and past bad experiences with patches corrupting saves. Sometimes I will buy a multiplayer game earlier then I would think because a bunch of my friends are playing it already. Normally I will make my purchase based on if my backlog is empty and I am looking for a new game.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
I needed one more option: "Various/Depends*." My history with the previous console generation was to wait for the GOTY edition where it was applicable. Some games don't have GOTY editions where they collect all the DLC, so I would wait for them to hit the $19 and below mark. With the advent of the current generation of consoles, I've had to buy some games at launch; however, recent experiences with some of my purchases have reminded me quite strongly of the benefits of my previous practice. Suffice it to say, I'm back to waiting for GOTY editions and price reductions.