Poll: When do you think Duke Nukem forever will come out?

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
I'm just waiting for the day when it comes out and reviews say something like "The game is decent, but it felt rushed."

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Isn't it obvious that they never were going to make this game! Its all a diversion for the aliens man! The fucking aliens! They are coming!!!

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
The amount of money put into this bloody game probably means that if it doesn't sell three million copies in the first month, the company that developed it will probably be taken behind the shed and shot.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Anton P. Nym said:
I think DNF would have to part the Red Sea (or at least turn water into wine) to justify the long development time. No, I think the world would be better off if DNF was quietly killed off.

-- Steve
That would be impossible. If the head developer went out to the middle of nowhere, found a random hobo, told only him and left, it would still be on every major gaming website the next day.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Who needs it? Just mod the originals to look better. It is a kick ass game anyway and while the plot was completely stupid, it is just awesome fun.

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
Bored Tomatoe said:
Isn't it obvious that they never were going to make this game! Its all a diversion for the aliens man! The fucking aliens! They are coming!!!
Yeah, yeah, next you'll be saying we never landed on the sun!

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Elurindel said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Yeah, yeah, next you'll be saying we never landed on the sun!
Thats what they want you to think!

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Seeing as its been in "production" for 13 years now, i highly doubt they'll release it any time soon, they will probably continue the way they've always done it, they release a trailer, then quiet for 4 years, then a new trailer, then quiet etc..

They are masters of fucking with the gaming audience, atleast us who are old enough to have played Duke Nukem back when he was the King of video games.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Duke Nukem is actually powerign an ancient gods rebirth with our sorrow, grief and annoyance.

When Dukethulu comes I will remind you all that I called it.

Omega87

Dec 20, 2008
Hahahahahahahahaha thats a pretty funny joke....*Wipes eyes* DNF coming out...ha

Does anyone else see that Duke Nukem Forever has the same initials as Did Not Finish? I always thought that was kinda an omen myself.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Have you seen the screenshots on 3DRealms' website? The game looks like a first-generation PlayStation2 game. No antialiasing, muddy textures, atrocious art style...Morrowind looks better than those screencaps.

They're better off not releasing it if only because Daikatana doesn't deserve to lose its spot as the poster game for overly long, poorly directed development cycles in "worst game ever" articles.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
Duke Nukem Forever doesn't exist. It's like Big Brother from 1984. It's just something to give us hope. It will never come out.
I don't really know. It better be fucking awesome after all the time they've worked on it. I've never played a Duke Nukem game, but I would try it at least.