Poll: When is Hunting Acceptable?

Shihan2

Apr 14, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
Hunting is Alright as Long as the Animal isn't Endangered. Of Course, there should be rules so that people don't "Farm" (RPG reference) for Moose and Deer and the like, or kill Hundreds in 1 day.
"Farming" wild animals isn't worth it, mostly because it's a total crapshoot if you're going to find anything on any given day, unless you're a poacher that has hundreds of traps everywhere, which generally gets you caught anyway.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
kill for food or if the little shit is trying to eat you, otherwise its just not right, animals kll for food or if they feel threatened so the excuse "animals dont care about what they kill" is invalid in my oppinion

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Consider how there are other animal hurt other other for food so I would say why not? However in this day and age I would say it is acceptable if we were all back in the stone ages and we had to hunt food for ourself.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
For food, as long as there's a stable population or you have no other choice. Hunting to keep populations in check seems to have a tendency not to work according to plan, i.e. hunt wolves to protect the small deer population, then a year or two later hunt deer because their numbers have exploded for some unforeseeable reason.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
when the game isnt endangerd and is edible its pretty much OK and people when you select "under no circumstances" it would also mean that its illigeal for cultural reasons (maybe there is osme kind of tribe where a kid needs to kill a monkey as a part of a coming-of-age ritual)

koether

Nov 21, 2009
Yup, I totally support people hunting animals. Seems fine, seeing as animals hunt each other all the time and its perfectly natural.
The thing that throws off this equation is the unnatural use of firearms, which quickly removes any sense of fairness or sport from the equation.
If you want to hunt I totally support you, but first I'm going to strip you down, take your gun, hand you a switchblade, and then point you towards the nearest bear. Best of luck macho man.

Thebiggestpanda

Nov 18, 2009
I'm all for hunting so long as you don't do it like the british. I fail to see how fifty guys on horses and thirty something dogs vs. one fox is fair game. If you wanna be a real man, you'll hunt with nothing but a bow and arrow. Good stuff right there.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I have no moral objection to doing it for food, but "For fun".

Well... Hmm. I suppose technically you're not doing any wrong in the world, but, I respect living creatures, so, I frown upon it.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Hunting is only acceptable when done for food, whilst naked and armed only with a knife, spears may be considered depending on naked attractiveness. Thats how manly men do it, manly women too.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
It is always acceptable IMO. Just don't over do it. Population control and what not. I personally would only hunt if I was going to eat what I kill but I see nothing wrong with hunting for sport.

ragin64

Nov 10, 2009
I believe it can be done for sport as long as the animal isnt wasted. A beautiful animal shouldnt be left to rot. It's those kinds of hunters that drive me insane

Johnny Reb

Sep 12, 2010
When is hunting acceptable?

Always. With regulation though. If we over hunt one species then another species might die as well if the first was its main food source. also if animals are over hunted then what will happen to the next generation of hunters? they'll be screwed. and they have no right to be strewed.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
im not a hunter, but i dont think hunting is wrong. As long as there is a solid reason and restricitions then its fine. In most states you can only hunt certain animals at certain times because of population reasons and even then you must hunt the male( talking about deer) because killing 1 male will reduce the population more than killing 1 female. And for exotic safarris(sp?) aslong as there are limits then i dont see anything wrong with that either. It is a natural part of us as humans.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
It is acceptable as long as it isn't risking the extinction of the animal or even it coming close to being endangered.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Hunting purely for sport bothers me a little, but I have no problem with people hunting "for fun" as long as they kill things they intend to eat.

Even then so long as it's legal hunting I'm really not concerned, I would just never do it myself.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
As a sport its ok to me if the animal is at least as strong as you and you use no other technical devices as it does. Attach some bearclaws to a glove and up into the woods with you.

So best way is, hunt the most dangerous game

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I clicked for sport, just to be pedantic.

But really, as long as you eat what you kill and don't decimate populations, I don't care. Plenty shoot and shoot purely for the fun of it.

Round here it's pheasants and rabbits, there are shitloads of pheasants and rabbits. What happens is the shooters tend to shoot purely for fun while the game keeper runs the shooting as a business.
Shooters shoot, keeper gets the animals to sell for meat, everybody's happy except for PETA.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Ok, I can't say that I thought many other people would say never under any circumstances but, really, more people think it's better just for sport.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
When the animals get guns and can shoot back.

Seriously though, it is OK when you ensure the animal suffers minimally and when you use all parts of it, so as not to waste anything.

Also, the whole extinction thing. As long as numbers are kept in check, I think it is OK.