Poll: Where are you from?

zuro64

Aug 20, 2009
Hello fellow Escapists!

I've been curious on how global the Escapist is! I've seen a few threads on wich genre you prefer or how old gamers are on the Escapist (I know, I'm assuming everbody here are gamers but this is a site about gaming isn't it?!) but none on where your from.
So here it is!

So check to box with the region your from and please wright a few lines on where your from and what games you play, generally or for the moment.

E.g.:

Im from Sweden (that's in Europe for those who didnt know). I'm mostly into FPS's like mp in BF3 but I play RTS like SC2 and LoL quite a bit aswell.

Captcha: battle royal
Program been watch movies on down time:p

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I'm not falling for this. I tell you where I am and the next thing I know jack-booted thugs are kicking down my door, dragging me away kicking and screaming into the night. Nice try buddy.

zuro64

Aug 20, 2009
FalloutJack said:
In the darkness of your own mind. That's where I came from.
So your the one that's been telling me to take that piece of cake every evening ;P

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Erm, I think this thread should go in Off Topic.

Anyway, Europe. I'm currently (as in, I just alt+tabbed out) playing Mirror's Edge. It's all right. Other than that, I sort of gravitate towards strategy and RPGs.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
zuro64 said:
FalloutJack said:
In the darkness of your own mind. That's where I came from.
So your the one that's been telling me to take that piece of cake every evening ;P
But it's so delicious and moist... You should have some before somebody ELSE gets it...

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
This would have been better in the Off-Topic Forum...

I'm from Scotland (that's in Europe for those who didnit know). I'm mostly into FPSs like multiplayer in Halo but I play RPGs like TES and Fallout quite a bit aswell.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I'm from the Dominion of Canada. I tend to play RPGs and third person action games with the occasional FPS thrown in there for good measure.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I'm from Oblivion... ultimately...

Eh... FPS's, anything with TW in the title and open-world adventure games... *theatrical shrug*

*saunters away*

Sep 14, 2009
I'M FROM AMERICUH.

THE ONLY MERICUH THAT MATTERS. WE ARE THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING.

*sarcasm ahoy for everyone who can't tell i'm kidding around

OT: I was doing another playthrough of KOTOR and playing some TF2, doing pretty well on both and enjoying both quite amazingly (was mowing people down as a heavy on CTF turbine, persian demoknights were getting mad)

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
DoPo said:
Erm, I think this thread should go in Off Topic.

Anyway, Europe. I'm currently (as in, I just alt+tabbed out) playing Mirror's Edge. It's all right. Other than that, I sort of gravitate towards strategy and RPGs.
I don't think so , it's basically , where are you from and what games do you like . We's probably see what kind of games peoples from a certain region play the most . As in americans play fps and europeens play wrpgs , kinda thing( not sayin thats actually what people from those continents play) . Finding a correlation . I do wonder what most gamers from africa play .

OT: I are canadian , and i like Jrpgs and recently got into Fighting games, Eh.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I'm from England, but (and I always mention this) I'm terribly proud of my Scottish heritage, especially seeing as we've only been in England for about two or three generations (depending on which side of the family you look at).

As for games, I guess I like action games, RPGs and platformers. Quirky stuff is great, and I'm a massive fan of the Indie market over the AAA market *hipster shades on*

Currently playing the post-game of Pokemon Conquest, grinding in Dragon Quest IX for the wind-up to the last bunch of bosses and busy conquering Europe as the Danish in Medieval II: Total War.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
I from the U.S. in New York (upstate New York, not NYC).

I'm a big fan of RPGs (Japanese and Western, especially SRPGs), RTS games (to play co-op against the AI with my friends), and FPS (Team-based or CO-OP focused). Currently I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles II and I'm going to be playing through Pokemon Conquest. I'm always up for Company of Heroes though.

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
Canadian here. I like strategy games, both real-time and turn-based. I like tactical and action RPGs, though I often find that the writing and art design in many JRPGs just turn me off. I also like shooters sometimes, like Team Fortress 2 or Counterstrike.

I know a couple other avid gamers as well. They're Canadian too, of course, but we all basically like different genres.

One is a huge fan of platformers; I know he liked Rayman origins quite a lot. He also quite likes Sonic, to the point of pestering us into playing most of them. He also quite likes Metroid, Megaman and Ys.

The other quite likes some JRPGs, such as Monster Hunter and the Tales series, though he's also played Team Fortress 2. He also likes platformers to an extent.

Naroiden

Feb 18, 2011
I`m from Istanbul/Turkey.

I like all games if I am enjoy while I playing it. It doesn`t matter what genre is that. But, I playing so much multiplayer game like Battlefield these days.

Sep 14, 2009
The Jakeinator said:
Hail from the United Kingdom, but am currently bumming in Calgary and hope to move to Seattle eventually. I imagine that'll be a pain in the ass, but hopefully it can be done.
...is there a reason why you picked Seattle?