Poll: Where should another Elder Scrolls game be set?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
With the many rumours flitting around concerning the next installment in the Elder Scrolls series, no. 5, I'm sure everyone (everyone who cares about the Elder Srolls games, that is) is wondering where it will be set. I want to know what you think.

Should it be a direct sequel to Oblivion, set in Cyrodiil again [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105551-Rumor-Bethesda-Making-Direct-Sequel-to-Oblivion]? Should we revisit some of the locations of earlier games, to see how High Rock or Morrowind is getting along since TES II & III? Or visit someplace new, such as Black Rock or the Summerset Isle?\

I personally want to explore the Summerset Isle, but Black Marsh would be pretty cool too.

NOTE: Apologies for lumping Morrowind and High Rock together. There's just one too many places in Tamriel to fit in a poll. Consider it a "revisit the locations of earlier games" option.

Tylmarande

Aug 28, 2010
I'm Thinking Valenwood or High Rock would be nice places to put a game. From what I've heard from NPC's they're pretty nice places.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Wasn't Morrowind destroyed between TES III and TES IV?

OT: It's hard to choose... I'm tempted to say Cyrodil, but I really want to see other places in the Elder Scrolls universe...

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Tylmarande said:
I'm Thinking Valenwood or High Rock would be nice places to put a game. From what I've heard from NPC's they're pretty nice places.
Yeah, Valenwood would be nice. There's very little information about the Summerset Isle, so I find that place as the most mysterious and intriguing, and I chose there. However, Black Marsh puts my in mind of Morrowind, especially the southern, swampy part around Seyda Neen where you start off. I loved Morrowind the most, so I'd love to recapture that same spirit that I got when first playing Morrowind.

Thedayrecker said:
Wasn't Morrowind destroyed between TES III and TES IV?

OT: It's hard to choose... I'm tempted to say Cyrodil, but I really want to see other places in the Elder Scrolls universe...
Yeah, the volcano blew up sometime in the Infernal City (TES book) I think (I haven't read it yet), and the Dunmer fled to Solstheim. Still, we only actually managed to look around half of Morrowind; there's still a large chunk of the province that was left out (not including Tribunal). Besides, another game may take place further into the future, when they're trying to resettle it or something.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Or they could just make the game super awesome and let you travel to every continent.

BourneGamer

Mar 18, 2010
As much new lore they introduced about the Akaviri, I'd think they would have to have something to do with that. Or, at least, I'd like to see all that extra info have some sort of use to the series, other than just being empty info.

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
BourneGamer said:
As much new lore they introduced about the Akaviri, I'd think they would have to have something to do with that. Or, at least, I'd like to see all that extra info have some sort of use to the series, other than just being empty info.
That's actually what I want, like an Akaviri invasion or the other way around.

Barring that, Summerset Isles all the way.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There is always enough time between games for me to forget about the geography of the game world. I played the hell out of Morrowind. I played the hell out of Oblivion but, I don't remember much about any of the other lands mentioned in either game...

Anyway, on topic. I think Hammerfell. Wasn't that where the second game was set? I am curious to see that area...but then I always play Nord who I believe are from Skyrim.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
After all I read and studied whilst playing Oblivion, I think Black Marsh would be a neat choice. Make some underwater kingdoms and such.
(Also, I think that game is the only game where I actually researched the world and fouind it interesting. At least 10 hours of my gaming time was dedicated to just reading in game books)

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I hope we go to a new continent! With new classes, new races, and............let's not go for too much innovation at once.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Judgement101 said:
I hope we go to a new continent! With new classes, new races, and............let's not go for too much innovation at once.
Well, Tamriel is just one continent on Nirn (the planet), and I suppose there could be a whole other continent. But why would they need to make up a whole new set of races and locations when there's so much more left to explore in Tamriel? We've only covered a very small portion of the continent (not including Arena) in the past few games, and I'd love to travel around some of the other places first.

Shoggoth2588 said:
Anyway, on topic. I think Hammerfell. Wasn't that where the second game was set? I am curious to see that area...but then I always play Nord who I believe are from Skyrim.
I haven't played Daggerfall yet (it's on my list of things to do), but I quickly checked where Daggerfall actually was, and it turned out to be in High Rock. Sloppy research, I know. As it turns out, "Daggerfall" (the game) takes place in both High Rock and Hammerfall, so I guess a game set there would also be a "return". However, that said, Daggerfall only took place in smaller portions of both provinces, specifically those around Iliac bay. You can compare them with these pictures:

High Rock:

Hammerfall:

Map of locations in "Daggerfall" (around Iliac Bay)

electric method

Jul 20, 2010
If Bethesda follows formula we will be headed of to Summerset Isle. I say this mainly bc in Morrowind a lot of the NPC's would talk about the events that were unfolding in Cyrodil. In Oblivion, the NPC's were talking about what was happening in Summerset.

I'd like to see something that focused on say Summerset, Black Marsh and Skyrim. Make it a bit more expansive. Heck, even an update of Morrowind with better graphics and a retooled combat system would get my cash, and play time.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
I'd like to see how one of the older locations again in new graphics, imagine how red Mountain or Sadrith Mora would look in new graphics. Though I'd love it if the made a game about somewhere new, not cyrodill again 'cause I've already explored everything there. Maybe High Rock would be cool.

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Cyrodill. Don't want nothing else but good ol Cyrodill. I believe it was confirmed that it would be set in Cyrodil anyway, a direct sequel of some sort.