Poll: Which are you gonna buy first and are you as broke as I am?

Zrahni

Oct 24, 2008
Left 4 dead cos of replay value and multiplayer, and then Fallout 3 depending on how i like the demo (if no demo then you know how people get demos these days...)

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Gxas post=9.75191.860299 said:
I already have Gears:CE, BK:N&B, and WotLK:CE reserved. Thats $180 right there. Yes, I'm broke, but I won't let lack of money get in the way of my hobby.
and this is why I consider gaming a more potent drug then any other.

because I'm the same way

Zrahni

Oct 24, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants post=9.75191.859603 said:
Only 2 people (me included) buying Little Big Planet? What's wrong with you twats?
Do you really need death, blood, gore and a gun the size of an elephant in your hand to make a game fun?
Because of extremly idiotic pricing in my country high end pc costs same as PS3... so no LBP for me, and i need power suits of four shit brick houses to have fun.

Zrahni

Oct 24, 2008
Altorin post=9.75191.860315 said:
Gxas post=9.75191.860299 said:
I already have Gears:CE, BK:N&B, and WotLK:CE reserved. Thats $180 right there. Yes, I'm broke, but I won't let lack of money get in the way of my hobby.
and this is why I consider gaming a more potent drug then any other.

because I'm the same way
Yea but i doubt you would shank somebody to get 4 hours of some gaming fun.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
TsunamiWombat post=9.75191.860276 said:
Me too, this. Fortunatly I just got a job bagging groceries/cashiering, but with paying for the cable bill and gas I'll only have maybe 50-60 A MONTH of disposable income. Fortunatly i'm getting a 360 for Christmas, so I won't really be BUYING until after Janurary so game prices will hopefully have gone down.
Hell, I think it's hilarious when people think it's cool that I mostly play indie games, old stuff, and downloadable content. Trust me, budget constraints influence people's game preferences.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
L.B. Jeffries post=9.75191.860379 said:
TsunamiWombat post=9.75191.860276 said:
Me too, this. Fortunatly I just got a job bagging groceries/cashiering, but with paying for the cable bill and gas I'll only have maybe 50-60 A MONTH of disposable income. Fortunatly i'm getting a 360 for Christmas, so I won't really be BUYING until after Janurary so game prices will hopefully have gone down.
Hell, I think it's hilarious when people think it's cool that I mostly play indie games, old stuff, and downloadable content. Trust me, budget constraints influence people's game preferences.
Lol, Definatly- I played Neverwinter Nights for 6 years and I am currently in love with Gametap because i'm BROKE.

Being poor and getting burned by games (especially this year) has taught me to always buy late- the good games aren't going anywhere (except in rare cases like Okami where it can get hard to find). It's best to wait a few months and let prices drop, reviews get in (immediate and release date reviews tend to lack depth or be corrupt, as companies let reviewers who give better scores publish first), player reviews be written, and bugfixes be uploaded and initial pressing problems be sorted out. For instance, the fact I still don't have a xbox360 is probably going to save me a hell of a lot of headaches because i'll be getting the more efficient updated models that don't RROD as much. And I bet i'm going to miss out on alot of Fable 2 Bugs because I won't be getting the flawed initial pressing copies and there will be Xbox Live updates for the game.

There's no benefit to buying when it immediatly comes out, other then satisfying a dopamine fix.

Darthracoon

Aug 27, 2008
Wooo! I somehow found a spare 100 quid laying around so i bought saints row 2 (loving it) and i ordered littlebigplanet and fallout 3 and they are both expected to come this or next week.

All i have to do is play the wating game.

So no in this time of the credit crunch i am not broke, i am rolling in metaphorical caviar.

OverlordSteve

Jul 8, 2008
Well, I got Fable 2 a few days ago, I've currently saved up enough for Fallout 3, but I'm waiting for parental imput on that. That's it I think, none of the other games are really appealing to me.

Richard Groovy Pants post=9.75191.859603 said:
Only 2 people (me included) buying Little Big Planet? What's wrong with you twats?
Do you really need death, blood, gore and a gun the size of an elephant in your hand to make a game fun?
Don't you dare point that shooter-fanboy finger at me, young man! I am currently only in possession of a PSP, so I'm holding out for a port.