Poll: Which Assassin Would Win?

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Havelock Vetinari.
I'll wait a moment for you to look him up.
British good-guy stealth-based assasin tyrant ruler who managed to juggle 4 knives and a rubber duck flawlessly on his first go, somehow knows EACTLY what's going on and is probably the best ever at stealth (his camoflage teacher at the Assasin's Guild could never find him)

If I had to choose one of the guys you had, though, It would definately be Ezio.

Grell Sutcliff

May 25, 2011
it doesn't seem like a lot of people read the opening
anyways definitely Altair the boss he took down was an asassin master with the apple but Ezio just took down a fat guy with a staff

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
internetzealot1 said:
What are you talking about? I see one assassin and one Italian mary-sue-rambo-with-an-extra-long-knife.
This was my thinking as well, Ezio's a bit of a twat really.

It would be like pitching a Yorkshire terrier, against an Alsatian.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Blades fighting? probably altair, though that's because he's trained to be an assassin for longer without the age thing. Allow anything-goes, and Ezio would win hands down.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Ezio, because the only Ass Creed I've played is Ass Creed 2 on account of me being oh so poor.

Pojo-san

Sep 21, 2010
If I had to go base off of technology, Ezio would win. The fact that he has gun would defiantly put things in his favor. His armor would be superior as well because they would have discovered denser metals. All in and all, Ezio would win because he would have the superior technology, and whoever has the best technology wins the fight.

However, if it was just simply a fist fight, I would have to give it to Altair. When you think about it, Altair is the better fighter. He took down an assassin master while Ezio just beaten up a fat guy and the prissy princess that the fat guy calls a son. The biggest key factor in it would be the attitude. Ezio believes in mercy and will let people live, as he proved in the second game. Altair on the other hand is just plain ruthless. He will do anything to complete a mission and will let nothing stand in his way. Altair will kill Ezio when given that chance while Ezio, on the other hand, won't.

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
Altair. {WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS}He's been trained from birth, HE gave up a finger to use the hidden blade, beginning of his career he's basically swatting aside entire armies with a sword and a few knives(yup, he doesn't need guns, bombs, swords, knives, hammers,... to get the job done), killing templars left right and center(highly mobile roof climbing chainmail wearing templars at that), then going back and crushing adversaries with exactly the same training as himself, kills a pretty irritating teleporting Grand Master, and then goes on to expand the Assassin order out of the Middle East all the while creating awesome little gadgets. The best items Ezio gets are things that were designed or made by Altair : armour, sword, twin hidden blades,...

And all this ALONE.

Whereas Ezio is just a whiny ponce who takes years to grow some stubble and some balls, and has to pay prozzies to get the job done. He may also be a bit slow in the head. I mean, in the first Assassin's Creed, Altair's costume might not have been the most discreet either, but at least there were SOME other people who wore similar stuff, so he could reasonably blend in. What's Ezio's excuse?

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Well, Ezio has been using a gun and has therefore been using less melee weapons.
So Altair would probably win.

Also, Ezio can't kill Altair without wiping himself from existence because of a time paradox.
thats a valid point so whoever wins, altair wins... but i recon based on genral skill Ezio would win the fight (before being wiped from ever existing) because altair always ran away or used a sword, ezio fought hsit loads with his fists and (i reckon) only lost because he was distracted by Altair's strange appearance in the middle of the fight

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I'm going to have to Altair.

He has the most experience and less reliance on fancy weapons and gadgets to get the killing done.

That and the fact that Altair's armour is a sacred item held behind a fancy gate that only opens after collecting the things (I forget their name) does kind of insinuate that he became a pretty good assassin...

Rather than just being a dick who found a robe and got someone to make him a gun...

Angus King

Jul 14, 2011
Ezio... While Altair was the "original master assassin" fighting styles throughout history have constantly evolved.

"Why?" I hear you cry... well thats easy... to be better than the ones that came before.

Think about it, who would win, someone who came up with a load of cool fighting ideas, OR someone who learned all said fighting ideas AND came up with some new ones?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'd say Altair would win. He's got the rigorous training behind him whereas Ezio always did come off as a bit rash and impulsive. So I reckon in a one-on-one fight, Altair's experience and measured attitude would give him the edge.

Ishadus

Apr 3, 2010
Wow...do seriously so many people not bother to read the line and a half of text in the original post before commenting? So many comments about the gun...

Also the comments about stuff like improved armour and equipment. The double hidden blade that Ezio has was invented by Altair after the first game. Also, Altair's sword/armour are the best in the game in AC2. I mean really.

Ezio's a douche who only wins because he goes up against other renaissance douches. Altair rose to the top in a far harsher environment. I mean come on...when Altair's progress is hampered, he grabs that starving old woman begging for coins and throws her headfirst into a wall. Ezio gets serenaded by men with lutes.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Altair because he was using the apple to make
Zantos said:
I'd say in terms of between the two in game characters Ezio would win, however looking at the codex and the sweet armour in screed 2 I think Altair got considerably more awesome after the game ended.
At least someone else read them!

Pretty much this. Anything Ezio has, has been discovered by Altair anyway by using the apple - yes including the gun. I also seem to remember it makes mention of light but strong metal (what was used in his armour that Ezio gets) which was probably also used in his weapons

An assassin who was born to be that and has surpassed his master beats someone who just picked up the job and trained themself I'd say.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Ezio has a gun is invalid. Altair invented the hidden gun. Ezio had two blades is invalid. A second blade was Altair's idea. Ezio has poison is invalid. Altair invented the method for poisoning a blade. Ezio has better armor is invalid. Altair made the armor. All of Ezio's toys were Altair's first.
Altair, however, was trained from birth, making assassination his whole life. What you learn in your early years sticks with you more than something you learn after you've grown. For Altair, assassination was side by side with walking, talking, and not putting everything in his mouth as a baby.
He didn't have the aid of all that fancy murder assistance equipment that Ezio did from the beginning, by the way, making him stronger by necessity. He would have had more raw skill, building and inventing that stuff because it was necessary. Also, he was active during a war, when Ezio was during peacetime. People are harder to kill when they expect it.

Kukakkau said:
Altair because he was using the apple to make
Zantos said:
I'd say in terms of between the two in game characters Ezio would win, however looking at the codex and the sweet armour in screed 2 I think Altair got considerably more awesome after the game ended.
At least someone else read them!

Pretty much this. Anything Ezio has, has been discovered by Altair anyway by using the apple - yes including the gun. I also seem to remember it makes mention of light but strong metal (what was used in his armour that Ezio gets) which was probably also used in his weapons

An assassin who was born to be that and has surpassed his master beats someone who just picked up the job and trained themself I'd say.
Exactly.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I'm not going to vote because both were very skilled assassins. We get to see more of Ezio and how he developes while in AC1, we only see Altair for a short period. We don't get to see if or how he developes after the end of the game.