Poll: Which BioWare RPG series has took up the most of your time, per game?

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Baldur's Gate series. I've been playing and replaying those games since I was 11 or so, usually reinstalling (but not always following through, unfortunately) once a year.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Interesting, the most casual games get the most attention.

Baldur's Gate series for me, those were some good times and some properly long games.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
I'd like to say KotOR consider it's the oldest Bioware RPG I've played and thus have played it multiple times. I've had this game on my computer since it was even able to run it.

A close second would be Dragon Age: Origins.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Dragon Age Origins: 429 hours played

Mass Effect 2: 299 hours played (and I know I probably spent just as much time on ME1, but Steam didn't keep track of that)

I've also spent a very comparable ammount of time playing KOTOR, but Steam lost track of those hours, too xD

AaronDemoncia

Jul 14, 2010
easily the Baldur's Gate Trilogy, came out in '99 and ive played it 2-3 times through every year or so, so id ballpark about 8-900 hours at this point, DA comes in at a close 400 hours though

time to go not have a life now XD

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Dragon Age Origins. So many choices, such a good story and characters. I played it more than any other Bioware game, and I played every Bioware game. I still consider Mass Effect to be better because it's set in space and I'm more of a sci-fi guy than fantasy guy. But it's significantly shorter than DA:O.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I've played Mass Effect 13 times since its release. Add another eight times for Mass Effect 2. I'm not gonna do the math, but that's a lot of hours.

fiddles_stix

Jul 3, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins easily. I've lost count of my Wardens, definitely over 20 plays, if you count Awakening and DA2 as well it's well over 1000 hours.

Mass Effect is closer to 500 hours.

After reading that I need to go out and drink heavily.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I have multiple play-throughs of both Mass Effects most of which involved doing all the available side missions. Yet even with upwards of 6 40+ hour sessions, I still don't think it begins to compare to the hour count I had racked up on the original Neverwinter Nights, the community there was just too strong.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Mass Effect, without a doubt. I've completed both of them like 8 times, probably more.

witheringsanity

Aug 25, 2009
Fallout 3!! oh wait... thats bethesda. Oblivi- wait no... Gotta be Mass Effect, since it's the only BioWare game i've played (along with ME2).

Was BioShock by BioWare? cause that was terrible.

P.S. not tryin to troll BioWare fans. i just woke up and these were my actual thoughts.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Well because I never had a ME game to load for ME2, I have downloaded ME: Genesis and I'm now replaying all of my Shepherds (I have three plus one which I got rid of). All for the sake of fully controlling my destiny for a satisfying outcome in ME3.

I also have DA:O and all its DLC which is actually more time consuming per playthrough than ME2 and all its DLC per playthrough (doing 100% quests and exploration). Plus I have all DA:O achievements.

I think I've deserve a 'No Lifer' badge by now.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
Gotta go with Dragon Age, but only because I've owned it longer than Mass Effect (PS3 gamer here). On my third ME2 playthough and probably starting a 4th soon, so yeah.

Dragon Age had Awakenings, so even though I've only played through that one 3 times, I've still clocked more hours in Dragon Age than ME. But ME is catching up. And with ME3 in March, the ME time should match or exceed Dragon Age - at least until I play through Dragon Age 2 again. ^^