Poll: Which Call of Duty is best?

Kayyyleb

Jan 9, 2010
So easily CoD4:MW. Leaps and bounds above the earlier games. WaW is CoD4:WWII. MW2...ugh, could be great in a few months when they address all the problems.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
MW2 was my favorite all-around, I didn't care for Spec Ops but the story was pretty good and the online is amazing

CoD4 gets an honorable mention because I liked the ending more, MW2's ending seems like a repeat of the first which sort of made me angry

I really like WaW too, but I haven't purchased it so I can't comment. I didn't care for the pre-CoD4 games

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
4, WAW, and MW2 were pretty much the same level of fun, it's just that the general feel of the game was different.

I have not played 3, 2, or 1.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
CoD 2 for Sp. I could careless about the mp, but seeing as 4 is the only one I've played on Live, I guess 4. I didn't think it lived up to all the hype though.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Call of Duty 4.

Modern Warfare 2 could've topped that easily, but IN MY OPINION, the customization/unlock system is rather flawed and the single player is INCREDIBLY short, lacking substance in exchange for flashy looks. Also, as a PC gamer, the removal of dedicated servers and mod support was a rather big disappointment, since certain aspects of multiplayer that are deemed "frustrating" could've been removed through mods.

COD4 was simply better in my opinion, the campaign was better, it had substance but it wasn't as flashy. The multiplayer was also better (PC wise), where you had more control of what you wanted in the gameplay instead of pure random stuff being shoved down your throat and there were mods to extend the life span of the game itself.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Well, I really enjoyed WaW - the single player campaign was very well done, and the multiplayer was a blast; to be perfectly honest though, I've barely played any of the other CoD's besides WaW, so I lack the ability to give a truly objective opinion on the matter.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Contrary to popular opinion, Modern Warfare 2.

Campaign is short but so, so sweet. Multiplayer keeps on giving, and its the only one where I actually do WELL in. Its annoying you can only play online spec ops with friends, but total co-ordination between us is sweet.

Its an all-round damned neat package, I think.
The original call of duty is almost 7 years old and still has a strong playerbase (even in Australia, land of the empty servers). If in 5+ years MW2 is doing as well (which would amaze me) I'll accept it as comparable to the original. Right now it's simply the newest one, most players will drop it and move on when the next big thing comes, for a game to be truly great it must outlast the appeal of it being new and shiny.

OT, Call of duty 2 got me into the series (friends played in clans and got me into it), however I probably had more fun with the original. The health regen mechanic just pisses me off sooo much, and because I played the original long after the buzz, there were far more skillful players (but not so many 'pro' doucebags, as they all moved on to the sequals) who were willing to help me learn various strategys. I guess my point is it had a strong community, great game.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
MW2, just for the multiplayer... And I'm very surprised some people voted for COD3, that was a terrible game.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Simalacrum said:
Contrary to popular opinion, Modern Warfare 2.

Campaign is short but so, so sweet. Multiplayer keeps on giving, and its the only one where I actually do WELL in. Its annoying you can only play online spec ops with friends, but total co-ordination between us is sweet.

Its an all-round damned neat package, I think.
This. Altough I must add, the MW2 campaign was more like a James Bond flick than something uber like COD4.

Eternal_24

Aug 4, 2009
I didn't play the others online but in terms of online experience:
CoD4 > WaW > MW2

In terms of balance, CoD2 was probably the best online. I only ever played it split-screen though, I had a dial-up internet connection back then so I couldn't play online.