Poll: which deadly sin do you commit the most often?

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
Not sure if it's my greatest vice, but the one I feel guiltiest about is Sloth. I have to find a better job than the one I've got now, but it's so much effort. It's mainly there on my own, though, when I don't exactly have a deadline. I may have delayed my schoolwork a bit but I still usually get it done to a pretty good extent when I know I have people counting on me. But now that I'm out of school, where's the motivation? I could be drawing right now. But I still need to finish watching this episode of Let's Play Majora's Mask...

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
I chose pride.

I actually practice sloth more often, but aside from slightly poorer grades, and maybe an argument or two about a messy room, sloth has never caused me much harm. Certainly hasn't ruined my life in any way.

Pride... me and pride have issues. I will push a problem to its very breaking point because I refuse to get help with it. I will internalize everything because I believe I should be strong enough to deal with it myself. And as someone who spent most of his life with a severe lack of self-confidence, it seems that I am now compensating by having an abundance of it.

Lust was in the running, but I think I've mostly gotten a grasp on that one. Yeah I still practice it, but it's not affecting my life anymore.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
For those of you who chose the 8th option, you're committing a deadly sin since saying you're perfect in every way is a form of pride :3

Since I'm an Atheist and don't believe in the the 7 Deadly Sins and such, I'm going to answer anyway.

From most to least often, here is my list:

1. Sloth = Most days I just lay about and play video games or on my laptop.
2. Pride = If I complete an accomplishment actually worth mentioning, I tell anyone I can about it and see if they can beat me.
3. Wrath = I'm easily enraged. If someone were to annoy me constantly, I'd punch them, nothing else. I'm not saying my hits actually hurt. ¬.¬
4. Gluttony = I eat a lot. I'm actually quite happy that I have a super high metabolism or else I wouldn't see my toes when standing up.
5. Greed = I do like to share most things but if someone asked me for money I ask them to out of my face.
6. Lust = I do have a huge crush on someone, but I keep it secret and I don't look up pr0n on the Internet as much as most people.
7. Envy = I almost never get jealous of someone.

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
Why are they eaven called deadly sins? I don't remeber them called that in bible (We had do read it on school but I'm full atheist)

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Rnr1224 said:
all humans commit the seven deadly sins everyday but i am wondering which of the them do you commit the most during your usual day? for me i would say sloth because i dont exactly utilize my talents and gifts. what about everyone else?
I disagree that gaming is sloth. It takes a lot of effort to achieve things in video games these days.

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
Pride, lust, wrath, and sloth.

I am proud of who i am and what i do, i hate alot of random people and get angered, i am to lazy to act on that anger or most school work, and i am a man. of course i lust.

CountryMike

Jul 26, 2008
Difficult question. I do all of them.
Except 'envy'. But only because I'm too proud to be be envious. So I'll go for that one.

Rnr1224

Mar 21, 2011
Zack Alklazaris said:
Rnr1224 said:
all humans commit the seven deadly sins everyday but i am wondering which of the them do you commit the most during your usual day? for me i would say sloth because i dont exactly utilize my talents and gifts. what about everyone else?
I disagree that gaming is sloth. It takes a lot of effort to achieve things in video games these days.
i never said gaming was considered sloth like. its just that when opportunities come my way, i dont always jump on them.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
This is a tough one, not because I'm a perfect individual but because I commit many of the deadly sins a day.

I chose sloth though because I think that's the one I commit most often, but there's also lust, envy, gluttony, and occasionally greed.