Poll: Which do you reckon is coming first? Half Life 3, or Beyond Good and Evil 2?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I don't think HF3 has been ever officially announced as in development (although I wasn't paying much attention to gaming news back then). Beyond Good and Evil 2 has more chances.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Anyone who still thinks Half-Life (2 Episode) 3 is still coming out, can you give me some of your optimism? Because I have long since given up on this game, and that kills me. Valve has made it pretty clear that the only thing they care about now is Steam and how much money they can make off of it.

So yeah, Beyond Good and Evil 2 is clearly going to come out first.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Sniper Team 4 said:
Anyone who still thinks Half-Life (2 Episode) 3 is still coming out, can you give me some of your optimism?
https://www.polygon.com/virtual-reality/2017/2/10/14580932/valve-is-working-on-three-full-vr-games

Good News: Valve is technically making games still.

Possibly Bad News: They're all VR.

Admittedly I'm not that enamored in Half-Life anyway, so this isn't optimism per se, but hey, if Half-Life in VR is your thing, you could be in luck.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Where's your 'Bacon' vote, goddammit?

Also, I'll answer the question with 'How long has it taken to renew Mirror's Edge?'.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Beyond Good and Evil 2 is, at least, acknowledged by Ubisoft. They might reset it to square 1 every few years, but at least they publicly talk that, yes, they are interested in releasing a new game.

Half Life 3 is only addressed by Valve sarcastically, as a trolling to its fans.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Neither. Both games are memes at this point and nothing more. One developer hasn't released anything of worth for some time now and the other just showed a CGI movie that has absolutely no game behind it.
Imre Csete said:
We'll se an Opposing Force HD remake with Duke Nukem as the new protagonist before Half-Life 3 gets released.

So BG&E2 first.
If Borderlands 3 flops then probably Gearbox will try that. I'd love to see Randy's face during that.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Ezekiel said:
B-Cell said:
Ezekiel said:
]I still want Half-Life 3. I just don't think about it. It's not that important to me. I could wait years more.
and i have been telling you since 2014 when on GT days that Half life 3 will never going to happen. valve last full fledge game released in 2011 and last full half life was at 2004. then they start making fp2, coop, MP games.

Now they dont even make F2p anymores.

they are not game development company.
From a 2017 Reddit Q&A with Gabe Newell.

Q: Is Valve still working on any fully-fledged single player games?
A: Yes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Gaben/comments/5olhj4/hi_im_gabe_newell_ama/

Just stop talking. I've shown you this info before, but you don't care.

I see 4A games and id Software are new valve of this generation who made quality FPS games that valve used to make.

you are missing out alot if you skip Doom. its best game of this generation by far.
I think I've made it clear that I don't care about 4A and id. I've been playing Shadow Warrior since 2014 and still haven't beaten it. It's so monotonous and bland.
theres a difference between shadow warrior and idtech/4a games.

I consider shadow warrior a good but Doom a masterpiece. theres much difference in terms of gameplay and level design.