Poll: Which Doctor, 4th or 10th?

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
In the long running show Doctor Who, there have been two doctors that are regarded as THE Doctor:
Tom Baker's 4th and David Tennant's 10th. Who is better in your opinion? For me it has to be Tom Baker. He will always be the doctor to me.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Tom Baker, no competition. You have to feel for every Doctor that came after him and will come after him, he's pretty much the incarnation whom other Doctors are measured against.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Call me a snob, but I preferred Patrick Troughton's portrayal.

"Now when I say run, RUN!"

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
I don't really see what the big deal is about David Tennant, he was all right but not that great.

I prefer the current one.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Of the two, Tom Baker - however I preferred Jon Pertwee, and Matt Smith is definitely edging his way up there.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Tom Baker will ALWAYS be the Doctor to me. Every time I think of the franchise his version is the first thing to pop into my head.

Not to mention I preferred Troughton and Davison to Tennant too, as good as he was.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Alon Shechter said:
Am I the only one who truly loved the 9th? :/
Nope, he was awesome. For fucks sake, he relaunched the series into what it is now, while Tennant only served to placate the masses with his pop culture chic look. Ugh

freakyalex

Nov 20, 2009
I've never disliked any of the Doctors, but Tennant's my favourite because he was my first Doctor. Nothing against Tom Baker though, I love him too - And Smith, and Pertwee, and Eccleston, and McCoy, and all the rest of them!

eggmiester

Mar 10, 2011
DOCTOR NUMBAH 11 OF COURSE!!

why does no one like 11? i think he's fantastic- matt is just as good an actor as david and tom, and his doctor's character is just so much fun- even though he's basically socially retardant, he's an old man in a young man's body, and is so understanding and very observant- probably more observant than tom's doctor. he's just so different from every other doctor, and i love him!

but, if i had to choose between tom and david... i'd choose david, if only because he was very deep and was just so unbelievably badass. also because he made me cry.:(

Mariakitten

Mar 29, 2010
Tom Baker, he was the best. David Tennant is a close second though. I dont really care for Matt Smith however.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Tom Baker will always be my Doctor, but I liked several of the others too, especially the under-rated Sylvester McCoy.

As for the current revival, I liked David Tennant from the beginning, so anyone coming after him would have a hard act to follow, but I really like Matt Smith now.He's truly made the part his own.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Alon Shechter said:
Am I the only one who truly loved the 9th? :/
It's a pity he doesn't get mentioned much. As embarrassing as it may be, he was the guy that got me into the series, besides Christopher Eccleston is a highly underrated, under-appreciated actor.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
10th is tied for my favourite along with 11th. I have watched older episodes with older Doctors but the style of those two really clicked with me.