Poll: Which Elder Scroll Cult would you join?

Gestapo Hunter

Oct 20, 2008
So after meeting so many wonderful and thoughtful God like beings in Skyrim I was wondering. If you had to choose a Daedric Prince to worship who would it be?

Here is a short list of explanation to each Prince (yeah i know this isnt all of them the poll option wasnt big enough.)

Azura: Goddess of Dawn and Dusk,Shes also into prophecy.
good:Shes tends to have more care about her followers especially heroes she supports.
bad:As nice as she is if you manage to piss her off or violate her version of morality She'll go old testament on you.

Molag Bal:King of Rape,Father of all vampires(he created them by raping someone,God of domination and enslavement.
good:ummm...If you like Vampires I guess youd like him.
Bad: KING. OF. RAPE!

Sheogorath:God of Madness and Insanity.
good:He can be pretty funny....
bad:Or pants crapping terrifying.

Meridia:Goddess of Life and Energy.
good:She HATES undead and necromancers.
bad:She supported a race of Elves that loved abusing and enslaving humans.

Sanguine:God of debauchery and orgy.
Good:throws great party!
bad:that sometimes turn in a rape orgy or cannibalism.

Boethiah: God/Godess or assassination,conspiracy,and plots of murder.
good:If your a politician or a assassin you'd like her.
bad:Doesn't really give a damn about her/his followers.

Mehrune Dagon: God of Destruction and natural disasters.
Good:If you want the world to end then he's your guy!
bad:If you dont want the world to end....

Namira:Godess of darkness,anything nasty,and cannibalism.
good:If you like eating dead people.
bad.If you dont want to get eaten.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I would choose Malacath. In Skyrim at least, he just wants the clans to clean their shit up and start acting like proper Orcs. Plus he gives you Volendrung.

Gestapo Hunter

Oct 20, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I would choose Malacath. In Skyrim at least, he just wants the clans to clean their shit up and start acting like proper Orcs. Plus he gives you Volendrung.
The great thing about him is th he doesnt try to screw you in any quest he gives. No catches or extra danger he "forgot" to mention.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Gestapo Hunter said:
Soviet Heavy said:
The great thing about him is th he doesnt try to screw you in any quest he gives. No catches or extra danger he "forgot" to mention.
The whole thing was that prick orc's fault anyways. It was his fault he let the Giants get away. At least I was a stealther so I just one shot them

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Sheogorath is pretty fun, and I could easily justify my madness by "falling in love with dat sky." Trouble is, I like being sane. :(

I think I might serve Meridia. Besides the fact that I'm militantly anti-zombie (I'm relatively neutral against most other undead, but hey, when duty calls...), she's the Daedric lord I'm most curious about, as I feel I understand her the least. If joining her cult means figuring out what her deal is, I'm in.

Though if Hermaeus Mora had a book on the subject...

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Hircine, because werewolves are awesome. So there may be a little trouble if the town finds out but who cares I'm a werewolf!

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
Mehrunes Dagon, of course.

Why? Because the Mythic Dawn, the cult of Dagon, gets shit done. They kill the Emperor, open Oblivion gates, fuck up Kvatch and sucessfully summon Dagon himself into Tamriel.

Seriously, the Mythic Dawn has so much going for them. They've got a cool uniform. They can conjure a full set of armor to fight in. They've got spies in every city in Cyrodil. They've got a private pocket dimension literally called "Paradise". Their leader is voiced by Terrance freaking Stamp (same guy who voiced the Prophet of Truth in Halo 3).

I could go on, but suffice to say, compared to the rather puny cults the rest of the daedric princes have, the Mythic Dawn is indisputably the best.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I would probably worship either Sheogorath because insanity is fun or Hircine. Hircine is pretty decent to his followers from what I can tell, as long as they follow the spirit of the hunt and all.

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Mephala!
I'm not the biggest fan of spiders, but I love me a bit of legal assassination

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
It's got to be Molag Bal for me.

Come on, Monkey-Snake-man dude god prince thing, how awesome is that?

His bit came out of nowhere for me, and I almost passed a little wee when the Poltergeist stuff started; also, using your supernatural powers to randomly bring people you just killed back to life only to kill them again until Molag Bal is pleased sounds like something Mohammed would have written down had crack cocaine been invented back in his time.

Also, Molag Bal turned a rusty crap mace into a life-essence-sucking masterpiece that can easily make a friend for life, if one is so inclined. In that respect, he already über-achieved putting Jesus and his miracles into place.

Also, Molag Bal comes across as being some proper Old Testament type of guy, so I really started to like him once I changed my pants after our first little surprise encounter.

Aug 19, 2010
either sheogorath or boethiat. Sheogorath because he's all screwing about, not really giving a shit beyond anything else, he's the personification (godification?) of the phrase "fuck the system", and Boethiat because assassins and conspiracies are awesome

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
It was a toss up between Sheogorath and Sanguine, but I do love a good party. Seems like a laugh, and a party isn't a party without a little bit of cannibalism and at least a small blood orgy in the living room.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Fuck all those options. I'd Join the Dark Brotherhood. They worship Sithis, who is not only more powerful and significant than all the Daedra (he created all mortal beings) but also far less malicious to his followers than most.

Captcha: love me?
Yes. I love you Sithis. PRAISE THE DREAD LORD