Poll: Which Fictitious Foot Soldier Would it Suck to be the Most?

aebonhawk

Apr 29, 2009
Which fictitious basic foot soldier would it suck to be the most.

Personally I would choose the Guardsmen as having an average life expectancy of 15 hours after my first combat would really suck.

A close second is the Stormtrooper as I would mysteriously forget my basic training and marksmanship whenever a main character comes on screen.

As always introduce any other candidates and discuss any of the listed ones.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Stormtrooper, because they just inevitably die on the Deathstar.

EDIT: All those poor independent contractors.

relish

Nov 27, 2009
Colonial Marine. They are pretty much dead the second they hear of an alien.

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
Halo Grunt, they just....suck...
Oh and for foot soldier it'd be awesome to be, I'm going with HYDRA.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Genome Soldier from MGS: "Whose footprints are these?" followed by any of the following:

shot in the head with a tranquilizer
shot in the chest with a tranquilizer
shot in the crotch with a tranquilizer

shot in the head with a bullet
shot in the chest with a bullet
shot in the crotch with a bullet

put in a chokehold
throat slashed
neck snapped

CQC'ed

and many others.

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
Imperial Guardsman. Just trained for a week and thrown onto the front line to keep the enemy back until the space marines can show up.

I think it would suck the most to be a Meat Puppet from PSI Ops. Not a very well known game, but I enjoyed it. MPs are mind controlled grunts that just absorb bullets until sheer numbers overwhelm the enemy.

Colonial marines are okay, they just go against a really tough enemy.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
definatly the imperial guardsman, you end up eaten, bashed, burned and shot and depending on what enemy your fighting, even if you win you might be killed off because of potential corruption (chaos, seems like the guard who fight them tend to be... disposed of after)

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
AkJay said:
Stormtrooper, because they just inevitably die on the Deathstar.

EDIT: All those poor independent contractors.
Well the aesthetics of that hole really complete the Death Star, it'd look awful if it wasn't there.

OT: I agree with your reason and
aebonhawk said:
the Stormtrooper as I would mysteriously forget my basic training and marksmanship whenever a main character comes on screen.

Scythax

Nov 23, 2009
I put my vote with Storm Troopers, because they all seem alergic to main characters and instantly lose about 70 points of IQ every time they are in close proximity.

My second choice would probably have to be the guards from Assassin's Creed 1. Seriously, those guys have the most unbalanced training in the whole world. They can climb around the cities like a freakin monkey but when it comes to actually fighting the person they ran half way across the map for they suddenly seem to go "ok so which end of this pointy thing am I supposed to hold?" and then proceed to stand in a circle watching in awe as Mohammad over there gets evicerated. Then Mohammad, and then Mohammad too.

Sucks to be an Assassin's Creed guard.

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
Worgen said:
definatly the imperial guardsman, you end up eaten, bashed, burned and shot and depending on what enemy your fighting, even if you win you might be killed off because of potential corruption (chaos, seems like the guard who fight them tend to be... disposed of after)
Not to mention that if you even think about retreating you'll be shot by your own leaders. Killed by orcs, your head could be impaled on a spike and used as a trophy.

Thegoodfriar

Apr 15, 2009
Stormtrooper would be the worst, not only would you not able to shoot the broad side of a barn, but your boss will then choke you to death for your incompetence.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Armed with flashlights and covered in cardboard armor, the Imperial Guardsmen bravely fight against the horrors of space!

And they are promptly eaten by said horrors. Being a Guardsmen sucks. When the best way to die is being shot in the face, you know you're fucked.