Poll: Which game you liked the most from Arkham series?

kitabatake12

Jun 30, 2014
Story-wise they are pretty different, combat was greatly improved with every new game in the series, but which one you like the most in general?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I really enjoyed my time with City. Giving me a decent area to explore about, while still being linear enough. Not to mention I really enjoyed the boss fights.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh the first one for sure. Granted every Batman plot is contrived, but the whole Arkham City plot just took it to a whole new level goofy. Oh yeah, without holding any sort of vote or referendum lets just wall off huge portions of the city, including the court house and several industrial factories and just let thousands of criminals and super villains just run free. There is literally no chance they will plot anything.
And while were at it, lets just start throwing random people including high-profile billionaires, cops and journalists into the city jail, without trial or anything. No way that'll backfire.

Granted the whole blackgate fire/transfer prisoners to Arkham thing was contrived, but not nearly as much as Arkham City.
Besides which Asylum knew what it was doing. Sand Boxes are always tricky because they expect you to go and have fun somewhere in the box, and there's always a chance you won't.
Asylum pointed to things and said "this is fun." and we said "Yes it is."
City motioned to the entire city and said "Go have fun." And we said "Where? I can't find it."

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Arkham Asylum was the only one I bothered to get 100% completion on, because that was the only one that didn't have 200 or more Riddler Trophies to collect, and the area they were in was small enough to keep it from becoming a chore.

In fact, that's the only thing keeping me from getting 100% in Arkham Knight; there are too many Trophies and riddles to solve spread over an area that is way too big. It isn't fun, it's a chore, and in order to get the golden ending, you have to collect ALL OF THEM.

I don't understand the reasoning behind putting soooooo many of these things in the game.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
City is easily the best for me. The twist and story were really great, the boss fights were the best of the series, and the upgrades to combat really improved the gameplay. City's upgrades really kinda makes Asylum unplayable due to the much more simplistic combat, horrible boss fights (the last fight is horribly bad), and the controls being more stiff and mechanical. There's really not much reason to replay Ayslum due to the story just being OK as it's basically as good as a decent episode of The Animated Series and the gameplay just not being nearly as refined. The only really good aspects of Asylum were the Scarecrow segments. Even the Riddler trophies in Ayslum were bad, they weren't even riddles it was just get gadget to unlock door or blow up wall and pick up the trophy whereas City makes you use your brain to get quite a few trophies. They really just should remove the Riddler trophies that you just pick up and just come up with 50 good "riddles" to get 50 trophies. Lastly, the Batmobile brings down Arkham Knight.

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
City for me. Whilst I enjoyed Knight, I didn't get as much enjoyment out of it as I did City.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
I enjoyed City more, just that little bit of extra freedom was awesome, and zipping around the city like Spider-man was amazingly fun. I played city first and tried to go back and play Asylum but couldn't get very far, I kept going back to city and replaying it, finding all the Riddler doo-dads and doing all the quests.