Poll: Which Gamer is angrier?

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
rreetteepp said:
In every gaming society there are assholes and there are nice people... no one ever notices the nice people, but everyone wants to rave about the angry gamers and not the onse who play nice are respectfull and dont shout obsenities
But you have to admit, angry gamers are fun to watch sometimes... from a safe distance that is. ;)

weker

May 27, 2009
Retro gamer, they are by far the ones that always get hot under the collar with video games.
Look at their icons, such a the "Angry" video game nerd, DPS gaming and a large portion of screw attack.
Also if you go on a retro gaming website they tend to also be the most verbal, and insulting.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Fishyash said:
I voted old school, because they all complain about the games not being as good as in the good old days... pretty much complain about every single convention/streamlining and the extreme linearity of today's games.
We complain with good reason

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
I'd say XBOX gamer, closely followed by PC gamer. I wouldn't call classic gamer angry, but they're, in my opinion, THE most annoying. I like classic games. I love classic games. Final Fantasy IV is on my top 5 games. Super Mario Bros. 3 is on my top 10 games, as well as Yoshi's Island. But, I'm sorry sir, but I WILL NOT call SKYRIM a bad game simply because it was made after the PSX was out.

My vote DID go for XBOX gamer, simply because on most message boards, it seems it's them that start console wars, and they're generally the ones to swear the most. I'm not saying all XBOX gamers are jerks or like console wars (In fact, I'd DEFEND XBOX gamers against this stereotype)... But the vocal minority of them seems to be more vocal than the other vocal minorities. Just for the record, I'm a PC gamer myself.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...hmm... no option for "predominately online gamers" in there. I'd say the system of choice matters less than preferred genres and play modes.

Sep 14, 2009
i would say it depends game to game.

however, for overall-ness?

probably pc.

smug pretentious rage induced douchebags we are.

loc978 said:
...hmm... no option for "predominately online gamers" in there. I'd say the system of choice matters less than preferred genres and play modes.
this is a better option than what i originally stated.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
loc978 said:
Surely if they're offline, you wouldn't be hearing about them...

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
I'd have to say PC gamers are worst, Xbox second. The PC gamers get all the bad ports from companies who don't care, DRM, and theirneck of the woods has tumbled since the glory days of the late '90's and games like Half-Life, System Shock, Thief, and Deus Ex. Plus they're also smug.

Xbox gamers... a different batch of angry. The rage at defeat in multiplayer kind. The immature kind.

We're all big freakin' rays of sunshine, aren't we?

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Bad Jim said:
Fishyash said:
I voted old school, because they all complain about the games not being as good as in the good old days... pretty much complain about every single convention/streamlining and the extreme linearity of today's games.
We complain with good reason
You sure do, I am well farmiliar with that video. I'm not much of an FPS fan though so I can't really say how good quake, doom or duke nukem was...

All I think about when I see that video now is totalbiscuit going on about tribes ascend.

Everyone misses certain parts about video games though.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
loc978 said:
Surely if they're offline, you wouldn't be hearing about them...
how many people come onto forums and ***** about single player games? Enough to be considered for the running... but not as many as those who ***** about people playing online... and still play online.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Probably PC, more likely to rage on general forums anyway. Generally about shitty ports and DRM but also tend to be more finicky about little details, demanding and nostalgic . BTW I am a PC gamer.
Then again Xbox seems to have far more people throwing hissy fits in multiplayer with a mic.?WAHHHHH you shot me! HAAXX!?. I wonder why these people even play the games, they don't seem to be having fun.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
xxcloud417xx said:
I mean lawsuit against EA for BF 1943? Could that be interpreted as the PS3 Gamers being a bunch of whiners?
How could it possibly be seen as us whining? we paid for something we didn't get which was featured in the advertisement, that's false advertising.. in other words illegal so a lawsuit is totally justified.

Getting screamed at for tactically using halo maps by a 12 year old kid, not so much. I vote the XBOX crowd

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I don't think PC Gamers are angry... they just have a superiority complex! Har har, I kid, I kid!

No seriously, I own an Xbox 360 and the kids on Live... angry as all FUCK. Which is odd really because they're no older then 12.

Chainsaw_Chuck

Dec 7, 2010
Odd Water said:
xxcloud417xx said:
I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO CREATE A FLAME WAR AND NOR SHOULD YOU.
This is nothing but flame war material, its completely pointless of a topic that is about nothing but opinion and working on the community of groups against other groups.
Really? Because I thought that was part of the satire of the whole "PC gamers are whiners" thing that has cropped up again recently. The fact that there's a contradiction in the post (the one you pointed out) just adds to the parody.

As someone who uses a PC as their main platform, I found this discussion quite funny and voted accordingly (ie. PC).

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
UrieHusky said:
xxcloud417xx said:
I mean lawsuit against EA for BF 1943? Could that be interpreted as the PS3 Gamers being a bunch of whiners?
How could it possibly be seen as us whining? we paid for something we didn't get which was featured in the advertisement, that's false advertising.. in other words illegal so a lawsuit is totally justified.

Getting screamed at for tactically using halo maps by a 12 year old kid, not so much. I vote the XBOX crowd
I was using it as an example, I don't actually believe that PS3 gamers are whiny for wanting promised content. I mean, I've bought games for the simple reason that I wanted the content they were offering with it (not for the actual game itself) so yeah I'd be pissed too. And lawsuit is a pretty good way to get EA to wake the hell up and do shit right.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I really can't say, on one hand, PS3 has a much older audience so I can't say them. Xbox 360 has all those f**king angry idiotic kids that won't be quiet for two seconds. However, I think PC gamers are the worst because the only thing worse than a dumb asshole is a smart asshole.

EDIT: I guess I should clear something up before I get flamed:
Xbox 360 gamers = most angry
PC gamers = biggest pricks

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
xxcloud417xx said:
I am also more than open to continue the conversation of my supposed hypocrisy off-thread. Message me privately as this matter is off-topic and completely unrelated to gaming. Thank you.
How angry everyone is happens to be also unrelated to your gaming.

Your whole topic is now off-topic.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
In first place it's got to be the Angry children of Xbox Live. PS3 has also got a large community of whiny children but thankfully the headset is somewhat rarer on that system.

PC gamers (like myself) are ungrateful little shits at times, especially when it comes to Valve who already give them so much free stuff then make DEMANDS to have more of the paid content for free.