Poll: Which God is the best God?

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Obviously: Flying Spaghetti Monster

I find the lack of believe in this thread disturbing...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Abize said:
Well in a thread like this, there is really only 1 way for me to answer.
KNEEL HERETICS! LEST THE EMPEROR JUDGE YE UNWORTHY!
ONLY HE CAN SAVE HUMANITY FROM THE CORRUPTION OF CHAOS!
/largeham
Ahem...

ALL GLORY FOR KHORNE! ALL SERVE THE MIGHTY KHORNE! EVEN YOUR PATHETIC EMPEROR OF MAN LENDS HIS STRENGTH TO THE EVER LASTING SLAUGHTER!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Nurgle is the most powerful god. He's the god of entropy, of disease and decay. Decay is a universal constant, a part of everything in existence. You can't get much more universal or future-proofed than that.

That said, I've been playing lots of Pillars of Eternity lately so I really like Nurgle's counterpart in that, Rymrgand. What an awesome name, Rymrgand.

Boris Goodenough said:
Grandfather Nurgle of course, he gives what he promises and takes what he asked for and nothing more.
Nurgle Solidarity!

Eddie the head said:
Jesus said he would get rid of the wicked. Thor said he would rid to the world of the frost giants. I don't see any Frost giants.

By the way are we talking about the old old version of Yahweh? The one who was pretty much just Ares for the Jews? Or the retconed OP one?
You make a great point, but what has Thor done lately? That's why I worship Nurgle. He's still getting shit done.

Abize

Resident Codicier
Dec 16, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
*angry shouting and murdering*
Eipok Kruden said:
*sullen plague spreading*
*sigh*why do heretics always resist... I've got places to be sadly, so I'm just gonna have to leave it to the IG to clean up your mess. The Emperor shall defeat the chaos 'gods' and the Imperium shall rule all!
The Mechanicus sends its' regards

Arshaq13

Jun 9, 2012
Shiva.

Lord lives a top of the Himalayas, once drank an ocean or sea filled with poison to save everyone causing his throat to turn blue, is the husband of Parvati (who is the sister of arguably what is hinduism's most important river, Ganga, heck the river only came down to earth by letting it flow from Shiva's hair), has THE king of snake's as his companion and gently coils around his neck named Vasuki, has a dance that causes destruction whenever he pleases and well, worshipping him has no set rituals and the like, arguably the most egalitarian God in the entire religion and well and he smokes ganja of a chillum on top of the himalayas. Also, Shiva makes a lot of mistakes but actually learns from em unlike the stories of most god-like entities.

Arguably the coolest and most interesting story of a God ever told.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I'm noticing a distinct lack of Azathoth faith on this thread.

Look, I'm not saying that when the Dead Gods return, you're all going to perish in a hell of tentacles and teeth, but...ok I am saying that. You should probably jump on the Eldritch bandwagon time now.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
You neglected to add Flying Spaghetti Monster to the poll, therefor I refuse to vote as a means to protest.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
As a spiritually weak person, I find this thread a spinning singularity of mind melting confusion that brings only pure hysteria, aghh!...oh!...ehh..ugh...*eye twitch*

I think it's gone now. But it definately tickled.

Ugicywapih

May 15, 2014
Actually, since all of the deities mentioned demand universal worship and none of them gets it, and the resulting situation thus causes constant religious discord, it's only logical to assume, that if a supreme deity indeed exists and has any interest in humanity, it's most likely Eris.

I mean come on, people, it's only logical.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Azathoth was my vote, but only because the Flying Spaghetti Monster wasn't on the poll.

Then I realized that there is a far mightier Deity that no one here has mentioned.

God Sue from Ensign Sue Must Die!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Thor for me, at least he descend to us meer mortal eventhought he used that time to fight supervillains and hanging out with the heroes. I'm kind of suprised there is no cult or rather a incomic religon toward the Nordic gods in the comics.

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
Andraste?s breath! You left the Maker out of the poll! The Inquisition shall crush you for this heresy!

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
outside of my own religious affiliations I'm quite fond of three types of gods
The first is as follows

"This is a god whom ye knew not, for mankind forgot it. We name it by its name Abraxas. It is more indefinite still than god and devil.
That god may be distinguished from it, we name god Helios or Sun. Abraxas is effect. Nothing standeth opposed to it but the ineffective; hence its effective nature freely unfoldeth itself. The ineffective is not, therefore resisteth not. Abraxas standeth above the sun and above the devil. It is improbable probability, unreal reality. Had the pleroma a being, Abraxas would be its manifestation. It is the effective itself, not any particular effect, but effect in general.
It is unreal reality, because it hath no definite effect.
It is also creatura, because it is distinct from the pleroma.
The sun hath a definite effect, and so hath the devil. Wherefore do they appear to us more effective than indefinite Abraxas.
It is force, duration, change.
The dead now raised a great tumult, for they were Christians."

Gods of chaos

and of course

Parasondox said:
The one between a woman's legs.

*drops mic*

Ladies and gents, my first sexist comment :D. I am learning.
Uh.
How is that sexist.
I mean I understand that it's lewd, ribald or what have you but that doesn't necessarily carry over into sexism or the more adequate term Chauvinistic.
neither does it really make sense but I tend to be a bit dense.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
cleric of the order said:
Parasondox said:
The one between a woman's legs.

*drops mic*

Ladies and gents, my first sexist comment :D. I am learning.
Uh.
How is that sexist.
I mean I understand that it's lewd, ribald or what have you but that doesn't necessarily carry over into sexism or the more adequate term Chauvinistic.
neither does it really make sense but I tend to be a bit dense.
I... I was just messing about with the "sexist" bit because there seems to be a trend in just calling anything "sexist". Observational humour. Its not meant to be super serious.

Joke dead.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Well, in my humble opinion, no god is best god. We chart our own course and we live on in the legacy we leave others, yadda yadda.

That said, from a cultural point of view, I'm an Chtulhu Mythos-slash-Lovecraft's Extended Circle diehard. So Azathoth for the win, even if my personal opinion would have to steer towards Nyarlathotep.

From an anthropological perspective, however, I'd nominate Aten, for being an interesting monotheistic approach in the otherwise uninterrupted sequence of Ancient Egypt's polytheistic structure.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Basement Cat said:
Azathoth was my vote, but only because the Flying Spaghetti Monster wasn't on the poll.

Then I realized that there is a far mightier Deity that no one here has mentioned.

God Sue from Ensign Sue Must Die!

Is it toomuch to hope that Yahweh is like this? I'll add Lil'D and Buddha from Sinfest in here? I have but one response...
http://www.sinfest.net/btphp/comics/2009-07-05.gif

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Parasondox said:
I... I was just messing about with the "sexist" bit because there seems to be a trend in just calling anything "sexist". Observational humour. Its not meant to be super serious.

Joke dead.
No worries, I tend to be a bit literal and shit tends to fly over my head all the time.
Also It'd be funnier if I didn't meet people that suggested roughly that lewd = sexism, no seriously.
Poes law and the like
Sorry about the confusion dude