Poll: Which is Game Of The Year?

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Metalhandkerchief said:
LiquidGrape said:
Metalhandkerchief said:
Forza Motorsport 4, Batman: Arkham City and Uncharted 3 were all objectively better games than Portal, Deus Ex:HR and The Witcher 2. So trash poll is trash, though that is arguing semantics because we all know Skyrim would win any year of the decade.
I don't think you've quite gotten the hang of how opinions work.
Objectivity =/= opinion. Based on Metacritic, both critic and user scores, everything I said in the post you quoted is true.
But that would be like claiming that objectivity is simply the end product of a greater quantity of subjectivity. That doesn't really add up. Especially not if the source one defers to is Metacritic!

P.S

Although I can see the point you were getting at; there is a general consensus, of course.

D.S

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
only 2 mentions of the true winner Saints Row the Third? Oh well. I guess killing zombies and luchadores with a giant purple dildo with Burt Reynolds isn't enough... My vote was actually for Skyrim anyways.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Skyrim as the big winner

Battlefield 3 as best first person shooter and online

Mortal Kombat as best Fighter

and those are all i care about.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
This is so biased... people are just going to post Skyrim because it's what they're playing now. Few months past that and it'd be something else.

I say The Old Republic which is released on the 20th.

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
The correct answer is Skyrim.

It might not have been your favourite game, but it is very clearly GOTY and it's not close.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
The correct answer is Serious Sam 3. I'm serious. I'm sure Skyrim will get it, but Serious Sam 3 is pretty damn fun. I've been playing both recently, and they're both awesome in their own ways, but I'm just so happy to have a fun FPS game to play again.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Where

is

Zelda. . .

Skyward Sword easily takes my GotY; I have Batman, I have Skyrim, I have Portal 2, I have Deus Ex, I have all those games and I love every single one of them. . . . but Skyward Sword is on a whole different level.

Toy Master Typhus

Oct 20, 2011
Not to be hating on Skyrim but it didn't really bring anything new to the RPG.

I vote Minecraft. More over because i haven't seen very many successful sandbox games like it before. And i mean actualy sandbox, as in there isn't even a goal, not even surviving is a goal in the game.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Judging by how many god awful Skyrim threads there are (outnumbering the COD ones which is an accomplishment in of itself...) I'm sure the "community" will pick that.

Personally, I don't know what should win GOTY. Battlefield and MW3 are meh imo, haven't played Skyrim but I didn't much care for Oblivion so I'm sure it's more of the same, Arkham City was boring, and Portal 2 was ok at best...

KelsieKatt

May 14, 2008
s69-5 said:
[HEADING=1]Dark Souls[/HEADING]
[sub]which should be on your list... tsk! tsk![/sub]
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Dark Souls should be an option. :mad:

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Still a toss-up between Portal 2 and Deus Ex:HR for me.

PS. I really hate these threads. They make people so damn bitchy. And then everyone starts throwing around words like "overrated" and "objectivity". Ugh.

The Towel Boy

Nov 16, 2011
Did Dead Space 2 come out this year? It seems everybody forgot about Pre-Fall releases. There were a couple good games, Dead Island? RAGE was also a good one, besides the confusing story.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Mojang is better than Bethesda simply because they make games that don't crash every 3 seconds... (although Skyrim has not ever crashed for me).

I like Minecraft so that is my choice