Poll: Which is the better "Still Alive"

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
I like the Pearl Jam one too. :eek:

But technically it's just called 'Alive', so I'm going with Portal too.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I liked mirrors edge music, in the trailer it sent a chill up my spine. But Portals song is the greatest in any game...ever. Its just hilarious. I love Jonathan Coulton and hope he'll one day get the fame that he deserves. By the way, if you havn't heard it, heres Jonathans version.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sxNmeMklFk8

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
nilcypher said:
Without wanting to sound pedantic, the Pearl Jam song is just called 'Alive'.
yeah i was going to say that, i might have to play mirror's edge now to hear their version of it

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
OOOhhhhAAaaahhherrrrr Aaaahmmm still Alaaaivve!

It may only be called 'Alive', but it's still the best one.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
This poll/question is totally inane. You are asking to compare two completely different songs of different style and genre based on the commonality of both being video game themes, and sharing the same title. That's like asking which is better, Pink the artist or Pink the Aerosmith song.
I agree, but it's inspired me to make my own poll. I'll test it out here first.

Which is the better RPG?

RPG-7 from COD4
Oblivion
FA-RPG form Mercenaries 2
Fable 2
Type 69 RPG
Fallout 3
RPG 2
World of Warcraft

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
To the people voting for the Mirror's Edge song

I'm not even angry, I'm being so sincere right now.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
I liked mirrors edge music, in the trailer it sent a chill up my spine. But Portals song is the greatest in any game...ever. Its just hilarious. I love Jonathan Coulton and hope he'll one day get the fame that he deserves. By the way, if you havn't heard it, heres Jonathans version.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sxNmeMklFk8
Listening to it now, absolutely awesome - I think GlaDos was great, but this version is somehow even better :) However, that's only because I prefer proper serious songs to humourous ones, and this is a great combination of the two. I absolutely loved Portal's Still Alive, but for the reason just stated, I much prefer the Mirror's Edge one (dons flame-resistant armour, and prepares Pony Dragon for defence).

McClaud

Nov 2, 2007
I voted Portal, only because it has a catchier tune that makes me hum to myself on ocassion.