Poll: Which is worse for temptation?

Canadian Briton

May 1, 2010
Okay escapist Im in a random discussion mood, and I ask this great conundrum. Which is a bigger temptaion to resist?
Bacon for vegetarians or sex for Chaste people?
EDIT: poll broken :(

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Sex for chaste people.

You don't miss what you don't know, but we're all hard wired to fuck.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Sex for chaste.

Bacon you can live without (I'm a vegetarian and do so)

It's just unhealthy to go without sex or at least masturbation.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
The two are so different that I'm not sure a fair comparison can be made. Vegetarians think that eating meat is wrong because it's cruel to the animal that was killed for food; chaste people have some different motive. I don't think any sane chaste person could believe that having (safe) sex harms any other living things.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
1. This is not a poll.
2. If you're a true vegetarian (like me) bacon isn't a temptation, it's something disgusting and wrong.

Umwerfer

Nov 3, 2008
Both are silly conditions for which I harbour little understanding. Bacon is nice when paired with eggs, but eggs go well without bacon. Sex is nice when paired with a relationship, but relationships go well without sex.
Also, even if we have biological urges, they are no harder to overpower than it is to quit some everyday addiction like smoking/drinking (not that thats's particulary easy, but it is humanly possible).

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Come back with a new option, vegetarians don't really crave meat (unless they are new ones), this is from a 20 year old vegetarian that has never ate meat on purpose. (Bitten into it a couple of times)

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
Definitely sex for chaste. I know a lot of vegetarians (myself included,) who don't even miss meat at all. But, lust, love and sex are hardwired to our heads. And I personally think it's kinda creepy/unhealthy to not let those feelings out, even if it's just with your hand.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Aylaine said:
Genetics will overpower hunger in my opinion. People are genetically meant to reproduce, and we have the drive in there that makes us want to do it on a daily basis.

Whereas if you've never tried bacon, you would only crave it or be tempted by it if you have had some obscure desire to try it in the first place. xD
Um... Are we talking someone who is simply chaste or asexual? If someone's asexual, the temptation doesn't even exist.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Bacon. That's what I want to say but it would most definitely have to be sex for chaste people.

Bacon is just so very close!

spacelemon

Apr 25, 2010
Chamale said:
The two are so different that I'm not sure a fair comparison can be made. Vegetarians think that eating meat is wrong because it's cruel to the animal that was killed for food; chaste people have some different motive. I don't think any sane chaste person could believe that having (safe) sex harms any other living things.
I know this is true for a lot of vegetarians, but i do know a vegetarian that doesnt eat meat because she is spoilt and thinks it tastes horrible, despite never having tried it. That said, i think sex would be a greater temptation