Poll: Which Mass Effect 3 class will you play as first?

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
I wonder who will end highest, very close between 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th (amazing only 4 places with 6 options) we have;

1st - Soldier and Infiltrator
2nd - Vanguard
3rd - Adept and Engineer
4th - Sentinal

I would love to have Tech Armor on my Infiltrator, or even a create your own class using points or something, with relative trade offs combat/engineer/biotic, but that might be hard as it couldn't mean 5 points each, it'd have to be 15 points for each section and you have 15 points to spend, for example.

EDIT: And now only three places, EQUAL first for the top three (I'm sure its not a huge revelation that the combat element is clearly the most popular).

SomEngangVar

Sep 23, 2009
Soldier since my Shep that I've had since Mass Effect 1 is a soldier. Then adept since that's my fem-Shep. I'll probably go from there. Probably Infiltrator third.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Seeing as how from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2 the soldier went from sucking complete ass to being the most awsomely deadly class in the game, I'll withold judgement untill I see what's different.

I thought the Vanguard would be as good as they were in Mass Effect 1, HAH!

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Been an Infiltrator from the start, and I will take down the Reapers through the scope. Preferably with my dear Widow.

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
Unless I'm mistaken they all play generally the same. Sometimes one is better against mechanical and some a bit better against bio, but they always have their saving powers that pretty much even things out. I guess I'll just go soldier because I can get through the atrociously boring combat the fastest using less abilities.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Jark212 said:
Vanguard, the class I've played through the whole series as...

Yes, I have tried out some of the other classes but love Vanguard above all...
This. Definitely have to play as Vanguard. Especially if they keep that ridiculously overpowered Biotic Charge in the third game.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Conor Wainer said:
I'll be playing the Infiltrator class first time (imported ME1&2 character, naturally). Two of my friends both think I'm lame for playing the ME series more like a shooter, as I'm not interested in trading a sniper rifle for the biotech powers, they both prefer playing Vangaurd, but I love pistols and snipers, especially the M-97 Viper auto-sniper and the M-6 Carnifex heavy pistol in ME2 (probably the M-5 Phalanx even more, but don't recall if I downloaded it).
Soldier.

If I'm stuck playing an FPS to get my awesome Bioware RPG fun, I want to be the best at shooting guns. Also I like switching between long range snippering and close range assualt rifle/shotgunning. Plus, unlike apparently everyone else, I liked ammo types - tap a button to burn through shields, tap another button to destroy armor.

That said, I'm probably going to try an Adept for a second playthrough of ME 2 so I can try out biotics.

Oh, and I'm also going to play a Soldier in ME 1, which I've just purchased on Steam. ^^ (I played ME2 on PS3 and loved it)

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I'll play through as them all eventually, but my Shepard from ME1 & 2 is a Soldier, so I'll be playing that first.

JohnnyCakes

May 12, 2010
I'm playing infiltrator first, then engineer to see if they've made it not as lame as it was in ME2.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Soldier, because that's what my ME1, ME2 playthrough 1 and 2 character is. I'm interested to see the weight of some of my earliest decisions in ME3.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
adept
when i got ME2 i figured that a class that can shoot black holes is pretty awesome

the numbers in the poll say what i thought anyway: most people play the game like a shooter with a class that does most dmg with guns

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I'll be an adept first of all, since that's my main save from the first two games. I will eventually play as every class, except maybe engineer, since I don't really like them.