Poll: which melee weapon would you choose for left 4 dead 2?

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Seeing as how the baton is actually the fastest melee weapon in the game, I'd have to go with that. Melee weapons all do the same amount of damage per swing, so the speed is actually the only thing that matters. The only alternative would be the combat knife in the German version of the game, which swings just as fast as the nightstick.

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
The fucking machete. THe only way it could be better was if it was A FUCKING BOOMERANG MACHETE [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uOxA6Lvnu8A]

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I like the Baseball bat. The sound of the bat banging against the head of Zombies and then sending them flying through the air just makes picking it up oh so worth it.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
I've gone with the axe. Cutting power plus the sheer blunt stopping power is definitely a winning combination. Using something like the katana or the machete is just asking to be overwhelmed.

LetoTheTyrant

Apr 19, 2010
Would have said Cricket bat, but it's not on the list.

Think the Aussies get a special version of the cricket bat as compensation for the other stuff being cut. I think it has all the years they've won the ashes written on it or something.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Chainsaw, easy. Its ironic that the baton comes last in this poll so far though, according to wikipedia its the best melee weapon (after the chainsaw).