Poll: Which of these should be canceled

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
Two and a Half Men. The rest of them may be stupid, but they're better than most other shows here (Jersey Shore, for example), and I can actually appreciate the Big Bang Theory sometimes.

But I guess sitcoms just aren't my thing ... the only one I really got into was I Love Lucy, but they certainly have gotten stupider since then.

Davih

May 7, 2011
Guess I'm one of the rare few that like The Big Bang Theory then?

Cancel How I Met Your Mother, it's utter shite, half the shows are irrelevant to the point of the show.

I couldn't bring myself to watch Two and a Half Men after Charlie Sheen left either.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
RaikuFA said:
megapenguinx said:
All of them minus Modern Family. I'm still bitter that Community got cancelled....
Not cancelled, shelved. it'll be back. hopefully sooner than you think if ratings go up and those letters get through to NBC.
Weird fact: Their fanbase isn't that big. It's about the size of Arrested Developments' (pre-cancelation). So while us cool kids may recognize it for the brilliant thing that it is, there is a very high chance we won't see Community for a while outside of syndicated episodes.

goldberg2

Oct 15, 2011
Jadak said:
goldberg2 said:
Jadak said:
Radeonx said:
None of them.
I like all of them.
This, although I've only actually seen "The Office" a couple times and it usually slips by me, so I suppose that.
That's probably because it is America attempting to remake a British even though most Americans don't understand British comedy
How does that have anything to do with what I said?
Because if it slips by the people who made it then its going to slip by the people who watch it

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Big Bang Theory, The Office and Modern Family have amused me the few times I've watched them. Never cared for HIMYM, and Two and a Half Men is just bad. They should all make sure they end themselves before they get stale though.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Big Bang Theroy: i don't like it, i did use to like it now not so much. its like 'hey there so social awkward its funny' or 'They used a big word that means its funny' or 'they said something retro lol'.

Modern Family: is pretty much OH look at the stereotypes and laugh

General Grind

Oct 31, 2011
megapenguinx said:
All of them minus Modern Family. I'm still bitter that Community got cancelled....
Community aint cancelled yet! The season is just postponed til a later date and it might still have another season.

As for the vote, Big Bang Theory is really starting to fall apart and is only held up by Sheldon, but Two and a Half Men has always been an awful show in my opinion. So that gets my vote.

Modern Family is actually good, and How I Met Your Mother had an awful season last year and this year seems better, if not on par with earlier seasons.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
While the original premise is getting drawn a bith thin in the case of both How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory, I still enjoy both shows. I've never really watched The Office or Modern Family, and I've not liked much of what I've seen of Two and a Half Men.

So I vote Two and a Half Men.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Id say cancel them all, most sitcoms annoy me amyway. Against the flow of opinion, two and a half men is the only one I liked back in the day, the rest I just didnt find funny.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Big Bang theory is okay but I think it's a bit... *walks into room* "Hi guys." *audience laughs* if you get what I mean. I tried to watch the US office but didn't like it, then again I don't like the UK version. Ricky Gervais is so unfunny!
I haven't seen Modern Family, so I don't know. I've only seen a few episode of HIMYM and it was good but nothing I'd sit down and watch regularly.
I think I've seen two and a half men and didn't find it very good, so probably that. I can see it being cancelled now Sheen has left tbh.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
megapenguinx said:
I'm still bitter that Community got cancelled....
What? They had an episode this past Thursday. Another fantastic episode in a line of fantastic episodes. I will burn a village to the ground if this is true.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Giftfromme said:
Kill:
Junior Master Chef
Family Guy
Big Bang Theory
Wilfred
The IT Crowd

To me these shows are aids and a cancer on TV.
Could have sworn the first one said "Junior Master Chief."

Also, I rather like Wilfred. The characters are interesting and multi-dimensional, Wilfred is a constant source of humor and Ryan (Elijah Wood) is fascinating to watch, especially when he struggles with reality and insanity in the last episodes.

Comes down to personal opinion, but I agree with your other suggestions.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
goldberg2 said:
Jadak said:
goldberg2 said:
Jadak said:
Radeonx said:
None of them.
I like all of them.
This, although I've only actually seen "The Office" a couple times and it usually slips by me, so I suppose that.
That's probably because it is America attempting to remake a British even though most Americans don't understand British comedy
How does that have anything to do with what I said?
Because if it slips by the people who made it then its going to slip by the people who watch it
Ah, bit of a misunderstanding there. By "slips by", I meant in terms of scheduling. The comedy is fine, none of that British nonsense I don't understand :p