Poll: Which Pokemon Gen did you start off with?

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I got my first taste during the first generation when I watched somebody else play it on a Gameboy, but I never truly experienced it personally until I rented Sapphire for my GBA. I bought Emerald and Leafgreen soon afterwards. As such, I'd say 3rd instead of 1st.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
The first one. I only got into it because my terminally ill best friend had and I wanted any excuse what so ever to spend time with him. I've played every generation except this latest one.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Started with Gold, watched the Pokemon show since Beginning to mid-Saphire/Ruby season(s).
God, I loved that good old Feraligatr and how every Pokemon was a unique and interesting experience that I couldn't let go of until I was able to catch them all. And then they increased exponentially until I stopped caring with the the reboot of Heart Gold that I really lost all interest with the Pokemon games.

LittleJoeRambler

Nov 3, 2011
I started with 1st and skipped 2nd; I got back into the franchise with a copy of FireRed I borrowed from a friend and have played each subsequent generation since then.

Maybe it's because I skipped it when it was on the Game Boy, but I played HeartGold/SoulSilver and didn't find 2nd generation all that good. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it but I fail to understand why people love it so much. I made the (apparent) mistake of trying to do too much of the quest after I beat the Elite Four the first time (instead of XP grinding them for a while), and they leveled up their Pokemon in my absence. With the lack of a Vs. Seeker and very, very few wild pokemon above level 50 to grind, I actually stopped playing with my team in the mid 50s, unable to beat the updated Elite Four and not interested enough to grind on lower level wild pokemon until I could take them.

I'd have to say my favorite gen was 3rd; not because I think it was the best (I can't pick a "best generation"), but because it had a good mix of nostalgia (with FireRed/LeafGreen) and newness, with Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald. And because all the DS games are slow as hell when it comes to moving between menus, saving and fighting.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
The first Generation. I actually started with Pokemon Stadium and pokemon Snap for N64, and my first handheld one was Firered.

I remember finding all the secret pokemon mystery's in Snap, those were cool back when i was a kid, i guess

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
My sister and I started with Gen 1, I got Blue and my sister got Red. A couple years later, I got silver, and then stopped for a while. Then, just as gen 3 finished I got sapphire. I skipped 4th gen, and got 5th gen just a couple months ago. White is definitely my favorite followed by Silver.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
first and i'll stick with first gen. i wouldn't mind giving 2nd gen a go but that's mainly because FireRed/LeafGreen have some of the 2nd gen pokemon in them but i don't care much for 3rd gen+

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Red and blue, but no others, I cba with them since I was busy playing Baldurs gate :D

Xonlic

Apr 16, 2009
I've played it since the 1st generation, started with Red. Although I really enjoyed Gold- enough to buy the rerelease at least- but I kinda felt my eye roll after Crystal and the newer species.

iDoom46

Dec 31, 2010
Pokemon Blue, first gen. Loved the shit outta that game. Caught all 151 of the buggers too(YES, EVEN MEW).
I fell off the wagon for a bit around gen 3, but I hopped back on in gen 4 and then went back and played the gen 3 games. So I can say I've played every game/gen since, just not in the right order.

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
the first one was pokemon crystal, then my cousins game me pokemon blue, yellow, and emerald for my birthday one year, i was SO happy. i still remember my feraligatr. good times.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
My first one was Pokemon yellow but I sucked at it, so I tend to remember Gold more fondly. Though every time I think of the game I always remember being stumped on how to get through Morty's gym.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I started with Gen 2, since I didn't have a Gameboy and my brothers wouldn't share theirs with me.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Gen 3-> Gen 1 -> Gen 2 -> Gen 3 -> Gen 4 -> Gen 5. Kyogre is still my favorite ever.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Generation 1, starting with Pokemon Red (still have the cart and box actually...misplaced the manual). I've played all of the other traditional Pokemon after that too and aside from my Silver (which was stolen by an asshole relation) I still have...well, all of them I think...

Red (+box)
Yellow (GO)
Sapphire (+Box and manual)
Leaf Green (GO)
Diamond (+unofficial box)
Platinum (+box and man)
Soul Silver (complete)
Black (+box and man)

because dammit, I HAVE TO CATCH THEM ALL!!!

scarecrow350

Apr 4, 2010
I started on leaf green, then played rubt and subsequetnly emerald
the last one i played was pearl and then my DS snapped in two

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
Played since 1st gen, after that B/W bullshit its not worth playing anymore.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm one of the old school who was there at the very start of it all (I own Red while my brother had Blue).