Poll: Which Starcraft race is your favorite?

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Well the title is pretty self explanitary, Which Starcraft race is your favorite?

Mine is protoss. I love races that are very advanced. Also I love that you can pretty much just have 1 probe building everything. Plus my favorite part of rts games is getting to the end game and getting the awesome 3rd tier units, and my favorite 3rd tier units are fleets, and the protoss fleet is the best. Carriers + Ocarcles = Decimation.

Why does the escapist want to know if I drink gin? This is the third time I have seen this captcha.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zerg. Just because the whole unstoppable, hyper-evolved horde thing is pretty badass.

Second place goes to Terrans. Rednecks in space are always good for a laugh.

Protoss... meh. They kinda irritate me.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Definitely Zerg. But God Damn it, it's hard to play them! HEY INJEST LARVAE! HEY PUT A TUMOR! HEY YOU NEED A NEW HATCHERY! HEY! HEY! HEY!

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I'm one of the rare MP players who stubbornly sticks to random. I like all three races, for different reasons. I suppose if I HAD to pick a favorite, it would be Zerg, because I love how quickly they can re-up their army, and I love the idea of swarming and winning via attrition. And if I had to pick one that was a favorite to play, it would probably be Protoss...small, powerful armies are just easier and more relaxing to control.

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
Terrans are by far my favourite race to play. With the new medivac boosters I can do multi-pronged drops all over their however many bases. Plus getting wicked widow mine hits off on zergling and banelings is so incredible to see, but good players can make widow mines backfire on me and they can hit my own units which can make them backfire spectacularly.

HotS has definitely made sc2 more fun to watch and play.

Sennune

Apr 15, 2009
I absolutely love the Zerg. They were my favorite in the first StarCraft and they remain so far. Terran bore me. They're well designed aesthetically and practically, but I have a fascination with anything non-human in video games. I really like the Protoss as well, but their gameplay style is beyond me. I like to move fast, strike in numbers, and stealth my way out. Protoss gives me really strong units and stealth, but I just can't get the hang of playing with them. I do like all three races, even Terran (I think they're characterized wonderfully) but the Zerg are special to me.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I prefer the Protoss over the Zerg, though the few games I've won was when I played Zerg, so... I don't know? >.<

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
A zerg player (LIFE) won the MLG tournament today, which is pretty amusing when you consider that in the tournament zerg players only won 30% of their matches and he was the only zerg player to make it to the semifinals.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Protoss by far, they've just got a great feel to me. Deliberate and powerful, rarely wasteful, and yet surprisingly tactical given their ability to warp into locations and the various unit abilities like force fields, mass teleport, and the storms.

By contrast I'm alright with Terrans, but absolutely terrible at Zerg. For some reason they and I just don't mix. I don't mind playing them, but I've just never managed to be any good at it!

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Protoss, I just love the units like Carrier, Void Ray and Zealot! Not so much their personalities, they're kinda stuck up.

BloatedGuppy said:
I'm one of the rare MP players who stubbornly sticks to random.
/seconded

I feel that playing random is the way the game should be played. So many people focus on a single race and a single strat, sure they may do it well, but it's BOOORING to do the same thing over and over and over.

Vancleef

Jul 6, 2010
Terran. I just prefer the playstyle and the feel of them.

Zerg is too hectic for me and I can't really get into protoss.

+ I like explosions.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I want to say Terran. I really want to, because I like the waves of bullets and bombs being thrown at hordes of aliens, the movable buildings, and vehicle repair/healing.

But since I don't like losing units, I have to go Protoss. I have a fantastic survivability with Protoss units because I can manage their shields well. And that means there's no slow-down in my attacks to reinforce. Charging in for Aiur.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
What. No Hybrid selection? Hehehe.

All seriousness. Zerg. All will tremble before the Swarm.

Plus I find them easiest to play to be honest. YOu build all of their units from one building. Unlike the other races which need multiple of everything to build fast you can easily just have a hatchery and queen and you can make hydras at the same rate that 3 barracks together spit out marines.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
synobal said:
A zerg player (LIFE) won the MLG tournament today, which is pretty amusing when you consider that in the tournament zerg players only won 30% of their matches and he was the only zerg player to make it to the semifinals.
That match was just awesome, the whole tournament they were talking about how zerg have no response to TvZ mid-game drops and then he goes all Fruitdealer on them and just decimates the best HoS terran in the world xD

OT:

Prolly zerg atm just cause the HoS campaign (loved Abathur.. even the zerg have nerds xD) and my most memorable moments in sc2 almost always involve banelings

Though i random in melee cause i dont play enough to ever get anywhere and i like all playstyles, but i seem to be have like a 3:1 win ratio as protoss in HoS.. early game oracle harass is just ridiculous, kill 1 worker every 2 seconds, they run, BAM timewarp, everything's dead

Also since there seem to be alot of zerg player... anyone using swarm hosts? Every situation i think of to use them in already has a unit that are better suited for it. I love the idea of zerg siege, but zerg without mobility has proven fairly useless

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I'm all for Terran and their adaptability. The marine is the perfect mineral dump - it performs in ANY situation, unlike the zergling and zealot who are too specialized. This type of aspect is reflected throughout Terran units, it allows you to change your specialization by your tactics, not by the units you field.

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
synobal said:
Considering he played Flash who is a legend of BW. Probably going to be one of the best Terrans of all time if he keeps practising.