Poll: Which Video Game Franchise (besides Sonic) Most Deserves to End?

peachy_keen

Feb 1, 2009
HOW IS TOMB RAIDER NOT ON THE LIST. Also, Silent Hill. Unless the developers want to man up and make a real survivor horror again.

smokeybearsb

Feb 2, 2009
Vanguard1219 said:
Lord Krunk said:
EDIT:
Flying-Emu said:
Crash. Let the old bandicoot put his sneakers away for good.

... is a bandicoot even an animal?!
It's an Australian rodent, if you need to know.
So let me guess this strait: this...

... is essentially the same as this?

I fail to see the connection here. Euthanize the poor mutant bastard.
^^That right there was pretty dam funny..
But I grew up on crash and spyro, and although they *probably* could have done more with it, I wouldn't buy another one of their games. Still love crash and spyro.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
i'm going to say crash and spyro just because a decent game from them hasnt been made in a long time. the others, I enjoy most of the games they are in. Mario and Zelda will never die, and everyone here knows that.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Spyro doesn't deserve to end, it deserves to be given back to its original team, so that it can be good again. Now Halo! there's another story...

Rick-Banana

Feb 3, 2009
Asbig a fan as I am of the original games I think that Hideo Kojima needs to leave Metal Gear Solid the fuck alone. In my opinion it should have ended after metal gear solid 1, the story was tied up, it ended on a high note for the character, and everyone lived happily ever after. Then Kojima started raping Snake until we got MSG4 which was a massive pile of ass and wank. MGS should be put to bed before they bring some other very very dead characters to life again as a robot ninja from space.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Id have to say i agree with the OP, both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon were freaking amazing games back on the ps1, but thats it, since then i havent given a hoot about them, but i still play the original ones if i get the chance.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Marv21 said:
Hate to say it but after Halo wars and Halo ODST(Provided its as good as I think its guna be, WHICH IS AWESOME!) the series should end. Loved Halo, they can make A halo rpg, just so they can sell out to all genres of games but otherwise, I think it honestly needs to end. Great Universe, great story, innovative gameplay(meaning it was the first real first person shooter of the Next-gen consoles). I just hate to see such a great IP, turn into Sonic and Mario.
As would I.

DrummerM

Nov 24, 2008
Final Fantasy - Definitely. If I remember (Which I probably don't), there are about 13 ones and then a few other spin-offs... Needs to end.

Halo - Compared to some of the other games in the poll, 3 in a series isn't very much. I also haven't played it, but from what I hear it's similar to most FPS' (Run, shoot, cutscene, shoot, teabag, shoot).

Crash Bandicoot/Spyro the Dragon - Are they still making Crash and Spyro games?

Guitar Hero - Yeah, this could probably be stopped soon. Stick with World Tour and just update it with new songs.

Grand Theft Auto - Yep.

Gears of War - Same with Halo. 2 games in a series isn't very much. There's probably going to be a third one to tie up a few loose ends from GoW2, but after that I don't think there should be any more.

Legend of Zelda - Are these still being made? The last one I saw in a store was Phantom Hourglass, and I haven't heard any news of others... Eh, still needs to end if it hasn't already.

Mario - Stop beating the dead horse, dig it a grave instead.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
fullmetalangel said:
I would say Metroid Prime. Yes, I know 90% of the gaming community disagrees with me, but Metroid Prime 3 was horrid.
Your going to make me cry. Metroid is my favorite series.

Anyway, out of that list, Guitar Hero, but Rock Band also. You can't exactly improve those games except the instument reliability and songs. Songs can be downloaded and improved instruments need to be bought individually anyway. Plus, why do we appear to get 1-2 sequals for those games every frickin' year!? They are just being milked to death now.

Mr_Powers

Jul 11, 2008
Just end anything that takes place in WWII.

This includes CoD WaW, that game is good enough that we can just call that the last WWII game and move on to some other war, like Korea.

cartooner2008

Dec 18, 2008
Ace of Spades said:
Why is there no option for Mario Party? I'm fine with new Mario games, but no more Mario Party.
When the option says "Mario", it means the Mario spin-offs (like Mario Party), just so you know.