Poll: Which Video Game Series Do You Want To See Have Movies Based On Them?

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
I would really like to see a TimeSplitters film... don't know how that would work...

And a Legend of Zelda film... in which Link never utter a single word...

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
vdeity said:
I want to see a Pokemon movie.
It doesn't make sense that there'd be so many games and a TV show but noooo mooovies.
Theres like 12 friggin Pokemon movies.

I want to see the Warcraft movie once it's made. Starcraft I think would be a good one to.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
...I'm in the group that doesn't really want a movie based off a game ever. Movie makers have failed to make a really good one so far (in my opinion). Most are okay at best and laughably horrible at worst. It's not that they couldn't I suppose, but they doesn't seem to mesh well.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
I almost want to say "Legend of Zelda" in response to this question, but I don't think it quite works as a movie. Not when there are like six dungeons Link would need to navigate before saving the land. I do like the Scott Pilgrim movie, but one complaint I have about that film is that we don't get much insight or that good of fights for the bosses in the middle (Roxy and the Katayanagi twins, I'm lookin' at you). If the film was split into one or two movies, they might've been able to get better mileage out of those guys. I doubt people would want to sit in a movie theater for four or five hours in one sitting to watch the Legend of Zelda play out, though.

Now if they made it into a cartoon series, a la Avatar: The Last Airbender, that might work out decently.

I'd also kind of like to see another go at a Mario movie, preferably one that has to do with the universe it's based on. It probably couldn't work as a live-action film, but an animated film might be neat to watch if the story was decent. (For example, maybe Peach's bloodline could radiate some magic power that makes the land fertile enough for plants to grow, and Bowser tries to kidnap her because the Koopa Kingdom is a hellhole that he wants to save or at least freshen.) It might also be neat to see this played out with Mario not talking very much (while everyone else has the ability to do so, including Luigi).

But maybe that should wait for another age, one where Mario becomes close to forgotten. Will that ever happen? Who knows?

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Other: (Please Specify)

I know it would be very hard to do WELL, but an Amnesia movie would be awesome...

Sure, it would be hard to try and tell the story, and portray the characters, since you don't ever talk to anyone until the end... But, in the end, it would be epic

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
i voted other, simply because a movie would probably ruin the games credibility.

most films are pretty shit these days, lets be honest. also films are usually only good to watch once, therefore having played the game already (which is most likely), the ending would already be spoiled.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I'm torn between a Secret of Mana movie and a Breath of Fire movie.

I imagine Breath of Fire would be more difficult to make but dragon transformations would look damn cool with special effects, tbh.

Also, Secret of Mana kinda was made already. Don't believe me? Look at the similarities between Avatar (that's the James Cameron one) and Secret of Mana.

Although, you'd better have epic friggin writers and a helluva good director in order to make either happen well.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
NONE of them

but please god NOT game that allows you to role play the main charachter...even commander shepard

please movies people, please dont go there...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
Other: Mass Effect.

Either the first game's plot (with the fetch-quests cut out) would make a pretty excellent movie. Preferably with a female actress playing Shepard. ^^
you know they would never do that....

it would be Sam worthington or somone like that (AVATAR) anyway mass effect shoul be left alone, the game is cinematic enough as it is

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
None of the above. Some of these have had movies already, and they were terrible. I don't want my movies to repeat the events of games I've already played, I want a new !@#*ing movie.

MFenix

Apr 2, 2011
Screw movies of other games I just want the dang Bioshock movie to get back on its feet.

KingmanHighborn

Nov 8, 2010
Going back in time a bit I'd love to see Colony Wars made into a movie. That one aside these would make me show up on opening day:

Ace Combat
Armored Core
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
vdeity said:
It doesn't make sense that there'd be so many games and a TV show but noooo mooovies.
Hasn't there been like 10 of those? Unless you meant live-action movies, which I would hope no body would want to see if the latest examples of animation to live action adaptations are any examples. You know the ones I mean.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Assassin's Creed is basically a done deal. I'm gonna see that one for sure. As for a game or series that I want to see put on film would be something like Conker's Bad Fur Day or, Psychonauts. Something just crazy like that.

zedel

Sep 16, 2010
Kapol said:
vdeity said:
What are you talking about? There are, like, ten movies out for the series. Yes, they are animated (which is why I specified live-action in my post), but there are still a lot of movies out for the series. I even remember going to see the first one when I was a kid, many years ago...
!
Yeah, Pokemon the First Movie was a pretty awesome experience. I remember that we got special promo cards for going too! Why don't movies do that anymore? D:

I'm not really sure I want any of my favorite series to be turned into movies. I mean, imagine some actor playing someone like Kite or Serph(actually, I think Keanu Reeves might be perfect for the emotional range) or even Hitoshura. It'd be that dragon ball z live action movie all over again. -.-

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
I know this is before a lot of your times, but I would love to see Loom made into a movie. It was an interesting story and it had a very well-developed feel to the world. Sure, it was a point and click adventure, but that's better for a movie than Mario which has virtually no story and way better than Fallout which has too much.

By the way, Loom is available on Steam if anyone is looking for an interesting 3 hours. Think of it like paying five dollars to buy a retro movie that was good but everyone has forgotten about.

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fi.......

The Matri......

Star Wa........

Alright then; Bully, Freedom Fighters, Destroy All Humans and yeah maybe Halo for the visuals.

Ender910_v1legacy

Oct 22, 2009
I'd love to see a Sam and Max movie. It's one of the few IP's that would fit flawlessly, especially if Telltale Games oversaw the whole thing.