Poll: Which Vigor did you use most in Bioshock Infinite?

keiji_Maeda

May 9, 2012
DktrAgonizer said:
Agayek said:
DktrAgonizer said:
Possession, mostly because I threw it at every vending machine I came across. Money!

Apart from that, Shock Jockey and Murder of Crows, I think. I didn't use some of the Tonics that much. Gotta fix that next time I play.
You can possess vending machines?! Holy shit, that's amazing.
Yep! Gives you a nice handful of coins. Really useful since many of the upgrades--for the Vigors especially--are damn expensive.
Yup, and you get a pretty decent amount of scratch from the straight up, and the inflative amounts is pretty ok too.

keiji_Maeda

May 9, 2012
The Madman said:
Honestly the upgraded Murder of Crows just broke the game even on hard difficulty. Just using that ability would effectively stop an entire army of enemies save any specials and for every one you killed that was stunned by the crows, you'd get even more crows to keep everyone distracted as you move onto the next murder chump.

I never even touched any other abilities aside from possession and the shock ability.
This. more or less, played on medium though, and when enemies tried to swarm you, you just threw crows at them and made them croak. The traps cluttering up the open spaces gave you a decent alarm system, and some pretty good combo possibilities lying around.

Also spammed possession on the patriots, and then shot them in the back repeatedly and stole their pepper guns. Man oh man, Gatling goodness right there.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
A combination of Devil's Kiss and Murder of Crows, with the mine field upgrade on the kiss and nest upgrade on the crows, throw crows and then the bomb, all the nests!

Mike the Bard

Jan 25, 2010
Charge was a blast, literally, the fully leveled up version made you both immune to damage for a while and recharged your shields. With a shotgun in hand, nothing could stop me from turning everyone I met into a splatter on the...well... everywhere. I burned through salts like there was no tomorrow, but with the right gear that wasn't much of an issue.

Stainlesssteele4

Jul 5, 2011
Bronco and Charge were my tried and true combo. Nothing more satisfying then charging at a helpless floating meatsack.
Both charge upgrades made you invincible, with shield refilling and temporary invulnerability. Bronco was just loads of fun on its own.
Infinite really set the standard. I thought Bioshock's plasmids were fun, had no idea they could get better.

Now... System Shock 3 better have some bomb ass psionics.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
Fully-upgraded charge, with Blood to Salt vest and Vampire's Kiss shoes = wipe out all the mooks in the room, and never run out of Salts.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Bucking Bronco all the bitches, I just loved usung it in conjunction with Shock Jockey and the Storm gear to get a nice congaline of carnage.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
I used SO MUCH Bucking Bronto. Immobilize an entire group of enemies and make them more susceptable to damage, for such a tiny price? SOLD!

That said, it wasn't until the final mission that I discovered how very awesome Undertow is, especially against Patriots, and were I to play again, I would definately use it a lot.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Crows! Crows for everyone! Crows for you! And crows for you! AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU!

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
I used Devils Kiss and Charge mostly, my strategy was to throw a cluster grenade into a group, charge down survivors and then shotgun their faces off, plus I had gear that set everything I hit on fire which made things pretty damn easy.

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
I probably mostly used Possession, 'cause those turrets pissed me off to no end, but then I started using Return to Sender almost exclusively after receiving it, 'cause the Patriots pissed me off to no-er end. Nothing was more satisfying than catching an entire clip from a group of enemies and then annihilating all of them with their own bullets. My only complaint would be the Patriots would made a habit of stopping firing as soon as I started holding down the left trigger, which could either be smart AI or shitty luck.

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
Murder of Crows and Shock Jockey were my top two for the most part, right up until I got Return to Sender. Then I never used anything else.

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
I mainly stuck with three vigor's threw out my play threw crows Shock jockey and possession but I found myself using the crows the most epically when confronting a handyman.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I found myself using Possession and Devil's Kiss a lot during the first half of the game. Occasionally using Bucking Broncos and Crows to immobilize certain enemies. Broncos in itself was pretty useful for Firemen who were about to explode and Crows so they wouldn't get away.

When I got Undertow and Return to Sender, holy crap did I use them a lot. I would either pull enemies from far away and blast them full of shotgun shells, or have Return to Sender up and go on a rampage. Charging towards a large group of enemies, absorbing their shots, blasting them down with my shotgun while I was doing it, and then throwing the ammunition I had on any remaining foes. I was able to almost one shot a turret with all the ammunition I absorbed.

Freaking awesome.

codeg

Apr 23, 2011
Shock Jockey because their heads explode when you kill them. That instantly makes it the best in my book.

scarfacetehstag

Feb 12, 2011
Possession costs way too much.

Honestly Bucking Bronco and Shock Jockey break the game, stun lock every enemy and do it forever. It made 1999 mode a joke, way too easy. Throw in upgraded crows to inst win Siren fights, and the whole game just became a cake walk.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
From this thread with essentially the same title, I said,

TheYellowCellPhone said:
Charge or Bucking Bronco. Charge really only works as a last-ditch move while weapons are reloading, or as a free health revenue with the Bloodlust (health on melee hit) gear.

I'll go with Bucking Bronco, because it just works. Toss them in the air, quickly headshot them with Bird's Eye or Handcannon, bring them all down with the Heater or RPG, or spin them around and destroy them with the Repeater, and do it again because it costs pittance salts, because it just works.

And Murder of Crows won? I thought it was a pretty sucky vigor. It effected a huge area and it stunned them, but I never got an actual kill out of it, and it hardly works against bigger enemies like Firemen and Motorized Patriots. And even still - it's never as though killing the cannon fodder enemies provided any challenge. Bucking Bronce at least uses less salts for the same area of effect, and it stuns them longer.
So yeah. I stand by that still.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Shock Jockey. It suited my long range style because it immobilizes enemies but doesn't make them flail around like Murder of Crows does. Also, the networks I could make with the trap version turned battlefields into a game of red light green light, but with electricity... and the players don't know they're playing, or that the penalty for being closest is death.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I played it for a while at a friend's house and I'm not very far, but Possession/Bucking Bronto are my two most used vigors. I'd throw out a Possession to take the heat off of me when things got intense, and immediately hit all the grouped up enemies with Bucking Bronto and slide in with a shotgun.