Poll: Which Was The Better Post-George Lucas Star Wars Movie?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
TFA made something ok that wasn't that great to begin with. Prequels were senseless wank, so best ignored. Have yet to see Rogue one though.

Oct 22, 2011
Rogue One managed to be almost as panderwanky as TFA, but without any of the latter's charm.

The best that can be said about this movie is "I applaud it for being different!".

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
TFA was a disappointingly derivative virtual remake of the original movie. But it was competently put together and has potential going forward.

Rogue One was just a thoroughly lackluster movie on every level, but wearing a Star Wars mask.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Darth Rosenberg said:
And if they are supposed to be romantically entangled, then it's little more than queerbaiting, given a straight version of those two would've had no need for coyness. Speaking 'in code' to the non-hetero in the space-year 2017 is bullshit - they work well as a closely bonded pair of world-weary warriors, and work terribly as a supposedly gay couple.
Pretty much how I saw it too. If they were designed to be seen as a progressive onscreen gay couple, the movie did a terrible job of it. Then again, since those characters were specifically inserted to court a bigger Chinese viewing market, it seems unlikely Disney would give them any personality traits whatsoever that might appear controversial in China.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
The Force Awakens was a good movie that borrowed too much from A New Hope, but is still the best Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi and set up the stakes for Episodes VIII and IX whilst setting up new characters to develop in future installments.

Rogue One was, by contrast, boring tedious filler capped off with a great fight sequence. The characters aren't particularly likeable or memorable, the main villain (dude in the white outfit) is a joke (even Grevious is more memorable, and that's saying something) the story is predictable and the entire thing just seems like a colossal waste of time. That and CGI-ing Peter Cushing and young Carrie Fisher into the movie just feels...wrong.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Rogue One was, I think, the more original of the two. Even though I am still salty they basically steamrolled over all that Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn stuff (two of the few SW video games characters I can still remember from my youth and mildly give a shit about).

We'll see with The Last Jedi. I like Rian Johnson generally, so I have high hopes.